Females and Competitive Raiding

#1 - Sept. 14, 2011, 9:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I consider myself a hard-core progression raider. When I evaluate a person's worth as a raider I try to not base my discissions on the stigma that Men are better players than Women. As I continue on in my WoW career I notice patterns. People who are quiet leave more quickly than people who socialize. As people get older their reaction time suffers. People who drink when playing are worse for it. There are, of course, exceptions to every rule and for each of these observations I can name one such exception. But the one observation I've made that I have found no exception to is the generalization that when it comes to raiding at a competative level men are better than women. I want to find that this is false.

I believe that the reason I see female gamers this way is not because it is true, but is because of my lack of data regarding females and raiding. In every guild I've been in the ratio is somewhere around 23:2 men to women. In order to get equall sample sizes I'd have to compare the women of 10 guilds to the men in mine. So I come to you, forum goers. Tell me, if you're a female raider, that you're competant. Link me logs so that I may judge for myself your ability. If you aren't a raider and excell at another part of the game, tell me about your experience, be it PvE, playing the Auction House or any other aspect of the game where skill will set you apart from other players.

If neither of the above sugestions prove to be true, and no new ideas are presented as to why I haven't met a single female I percieve to be an asset to a top-tier progression guild, my only conclusion is that females aren't competant gamers.

I find this notion hard to accept so, please, prove to me that I am wrong. Prove to me that men and women are equall and it is only my experience that reflects the idea that women are inept.

Regarding trolling, please don't. We all know the steriotype that females are bad, You don't make yourself seem cooler by being a bigot.

P.S. I don't mean this to be offensive, know that this post only reflects my experience and my desire to change it.

TL;DR if you're a female, show me that you're competant, Raiding Logs/PvP achieves.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#74 - Sept. 14, 2011, 10:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This subject is not appropriate on our forums.

World of Warcraft forum code of conduct: http://battle.net/community/conduct