JINX Contest is off the HOOK!

#1 - Oct. 31, 2006, 5:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
i'll give you an E for effort
#18 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Thank you Blizzard for such an amazing Anniversary contest!

Right when I clicked on the homepage and saw that glorious contest, I knew that it was going to be a big one. After all, with several million subscribers, the potential for a good contest was amazing.

LET ME JUST SAY THAT I WAS NOT DISAPPOINTED!

Who could deny the majesty of TWO $100 gift certificates given away per day for a WHOLE WEEK. I'm really just shaking in my boots here imagining the resources that you guys must have siphoned into a contest of such EPIC proportions. How did Vivendi agree to such a flamboyant and wasteful throwing around of funds?

I can't wait to see what other prizes are awarded in the coming weeks- if they can exceed the incredible prize value of $1,400 set by the first week (NOT LIKELY) this could be the most crazy, off the hook contest since the time when they raffled off a mountain bike at my dentist's office when I was 13.

I'm so glad you're excited about the contest! No need to wait to see what's coming in the next weeks. I'll post it here from the rules. http://www.worldofwarcraft.com/contests/anniversary06/rules.xml

Q u o t e:
World of Warcraft 2nd Year Anniversary Main Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be chosen at random as follows:

Each business day during the first week of the Sweepstakes Period (October 30, 2006 through November 5, 2006 ), two (2) potential winner will be chosen at random from all eligible entrants to receive a Jinx Gift Certificate with an approximate retail value of $100.00.

Each business day during the second week of the Sweepstakes Period (November 6, 2006 through November 12, 2006), two (2) potential winner will be chosen at random from all remaining eligible individuals to receive (1) "Razer Copperheadâ„¢ Precision mouse, (1) Razer Mantisâ„¢ Control / Speed Mat and (1) Barracuda HP-1 Headset with an approximate retail value of $250.00.

Each business day during the third week of the Sweepstakes Period (November 13, 2006 through November 19, 2006), one (1) potential winner will be chosen at random from all remaining eligible individuals to receive a Apple 80 GB iPod with Video Playback and (1) $100.00 JINX Gift Certificate with an approximate retail value of $500.00.

Each business day during the fourth week of the Sweepstakes Period (November 20, 2006 through November 26, 2006), one (1) potential winners will be chosen at random from all remaining eligible individuals to receive a 1GB NVIDIA® GeForce® 7950 graphics card and (1) $100.00 JINX Gift Certificate with an approximate retail value of $1,000.00.

The approximate retail value of all prizes awarded during the Sweepstakes is $11,000.00
World of Warcraft 2nd Year Anniversary Legacy Players Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be chosen at random to receive a prize as follows:

Each business day during the fifth week of the Sweepstakes Period (November 27, 2006 through December 2, 2006), one (1) potential winner will be chosen at random from among all eligible individuals to receive an XPS Gaming Laptop (1) $100.00 JINX Gift Certificate and 2-year World of Warcraft subscription with an approximate retail value of $2,500.00.

It's players like you that make these contests all worth it! Thanks!
#34 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6:09 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Neth, do you have a link to the list of winners so far? I see it started yesterday, and wasn't able to come up with a list of the current winners.

You would need to send in for it using the below information-

Winners List, Rules Request.
For a copy of the winners list, send a stamped, self-addressed, business-size envelope after January 10, 2007 and before June 30, 2007 to Sponsor at the following address: "World of Warcraft 2nd Year Anniversary Sweepstakes -Winners List," c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, CA 92612. To obtain a copy of these rules, send a stamped, self-addressed business-size envelope to Sponsor at the following address: World of Warcraft 2nd Year Anniversary Sweepstakes -Rules Request, c/o Blizzard Entertainment, P.O. Box 18979, Irvine CA 92612. Residents of WA and VT may omit return postage on rules requests.

I have a feeling it's a tad short as of yet. :) (No I'm not irritated. I'm having a good day so far and find humor in this thread.) Please just enjoy the contest. Everyone has the chance to win something and I wish you all the best of luck!
#68 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Actually Neth, the only thing I'm concerned about is having the player send out an official mailed request for the winnners of the contest. Is that normal for a sweepstakes? So basically if I win, I won't know about it if I don't mail out a request to you guys to be notified of it. Wouldn't it be easier just to post the winners on the site? Or better yet, just e-mail the winners. I dunno, just seemed kind of odd.

It's normal for people to have to mail in for a list of contest winners if they aren't a winner. Winners will be notified. If it says we are going to post winners on the website (which someone pointed out it does) then I'm sure we will be doing that too. :)
#71 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Screw you all. How about a florida only contest. I'm sick of getting screwed.

Damn discrimination.

From a prior post of mine today-

Q u o t e:
Unfortunately there are laws in place in some states and regions that make running contests difficult in them. The best thing you can do in this case is to get in touch with the Attorney General in your state/region and voice your complaint about it. Perhaps if enough people let them know it's a problem, they may change the laws that hinder these sorts of contests.

Unfortunately there isn't anything more we can do on our end.
#80 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

So Neth a quick question.

If I cancel my account for the first 2 weeks but come back in say the last 3 weeks am I still eligible for the contest?

I would really rather avoid the possibility of winning the Jinx gear (No offense to them some interesting things but being 36 and a Business professional I was really hoping to save wearing a big yellow question mark on my head until I retired and contracted Alzheimer's) I suppose I could always give it away...

I guess it depends on the business you are in. It might come in handy for some clients to know you are the one they go to when they need to. It might make you even stand out a bit to the boss (if you aren't the boss) ;) Besides, nothing says you'd have to wear it to work OR even choose a hat. They have many goodies to choose from.

From the wording you would need to be in good standing from the point of October 29th with an active account to participate in any of the contests.

People can also contact us at the following email for more information or to send us questions- contestquestions@blizzard.com
#86 - Oct. 31, 2006, 6:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
And as always Blizzard leaves international players out of yet another contest... cant they undesrtand that the comunity is not only in the states? that a lot of us r overseas?

DIVERSITY

L2notBRacist Blizzard

World of Warcraft Europe runs their own seperate contests for fans in their region.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/index.xml;jsessionid=C3F77F5B7F3DFA8EFBAD9B30AAFB9BFE.app14

Also, it wouldn't be racism. It would be nationalism of which still wouldn't apply. We cover many regions and each does many things for their community. :)
#109 - Oct. 31, 2006, 7:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
In case anyone notices, I was removing a post that had no purpose in this thread (political and innapropriate) and accidentally removed the originating post. :( Sorry about that.
#114 - Oct. 31, 2006, 7:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

help! help! we're being opressed! :D

Bloody peasant!