Download and game size complaint....

#1 - Sept. 7, 2011, 9:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I just got a brand new computer yesterday... Went to reinstall the game onto it...After 12 hours of downloading my download is still not complete.. i didn't have any other systems running that required internet. so right now as it sits, i get a 30gb monthly download rate with my providers.. 20 gb of that so far is from your bloody game! I'm willing to bet half of that isn't even needed! So i get to pay 15 dollars a month after buying every expansion you have for this WoW and spend hours on hours downloading your pointless downloads. You keep upping graphic etc which in return makes my other computers out of date... Do you do anything but cost people money? This is a bit much already... clearly! You need to sort stuff out and remove things that are not needed.. You keep your customers happy and they will continue to pay for your game. to play a game shouldn't require this much.. if your game ends up messing up one more time, i highly doubt i'll be paying for the month after that... So if you'd like to keep loosing players because you can't seem to get your download sorted, then by all means, keep up what youre doing...not likely you'll even give a crap about this, why would you, you already got what you wanted.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#7 - Sept. 7, 2011, 10:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
09/07/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Lilme
I'm willing to bet half of that isn't even needed!
If your account is upgraded to Cataclysm, most data is needed, Lilme.

While I understand that you are upset about the download time and speed, I ask that you please refrain from using inappropriate language.

Also, understand that the speed and data cap your ISP has set is outside of our control. When doing a fresh install of the game, we recommend using your Cataclysm disk if possible.

09/07/2011 02:45 PMPosted by Lilme
You keep upping graphic etc which in return makes my other computers out of date... Do you do anything but cost people money?
Actually, we occasionally run a system survey which collects system information. This gives our developers an idea of what type of hardware is still being used by our players. Additionally, our system requirements to run the game are quite low compared to other MMO's on the market.

Keep in mind that in some cases we aren't able to offer support for hardware that is no longer supported by the manufacturer.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=21054

If you you continue to experience download problems, I recommend posting in our Technical Support forum for assistance.

Technical Support
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/1011701/