Deleted.

#1 - Sept. 5, 2011, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Deleted.
#1 - Sept. 5, 2011, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
... it's Deadmines Heroic and the group are on the Foe Reaper boss after their previous tank seems to have left/been kicked/whatever (I didn't ask).

So the group seems ok, we're all there. Obviously we need someone to take control of the vehicle to control the adds. We have one melee in the group and melee are always best for that job, so I ask him.

"Can you control the adds?"

No reply.

"Can you use the vehicle to control the adds?"

No reply.

"<Player name>, we need an add controller else we're not going to be able to do it. Can you do that role?"

No reply.

"<Player name>, are you there?"

No reply.

Then someone else in the group gets impatient and pulls as they're fed up waiting, group wipes as a result and run back. For a change, they didn't blame me, they usually do even when they pull.

So after running back, we didn't do anything as the non-responding player is still silent. Then suddenly he says "TURKISH NO ENGLISH".

So the player doesn't speak a word of English, oh joy, that's really helpful to have in a Heroic dungeon where you need cooperation! Maybe something to put on the Wow application form, Blizzard, "Can you speak English if playing on an English realm?"

But no problem, we can kick, so I try to do that.

"Non English speaking dummy ruining our group cannot be kicked for 4 hours."

Wish I hadn't bothered joining as tank. I should have joined as a non-English speaking selfish idiot, they seem they have more rights. They can get away with doing nothing and saying nothing.

However, the healer was very good and helped me out and we did a few dungeons together and obviously we said how nice it would be if we were on the same realm so that we could perhaps be friends for years and the Wow community could be like it used to be with people making friends all the time with others they like in dungeons.

But in Cataclysm, could we add each other as friends? No, that would have meant sharing our login IDs and email addresses, just to add each other to our IN-GAME friends lists.

He was a good healer and he said i was a good tank, but I don't want to give him half of my security credentials and my email address just for the privelage of being able to make friends with him.

All in all, Blizzard, I think the game policies towards votekick and friendship making give me the impression that you support bad players more than good. Nobody can make friends without giving away our personal real-life details. Wow isn't Facebook, even if someone in charge at Blizzard thinks it is. Don't get me wrong, real name I have no problem sharing, but email address and, even worse, login ID? No way, never.

And the votekick, why 4 hours? Does any single dungeon last 4 hours? The only reason that we completed the dungeon last night was because the healer liked me and he was able to votekick the Turkish player. I couldn't do it though. So if I hadn't have had the healer on my side, it would have been another unfinished run that quit half way through. And it was all caused by just one bad player that I couldn't kick.

Why do bad people get more rights than good people? Votekick just turns nice players into hostile players because they feel so frustrated that all the issues are solvable if only they had the power to do anything. And the Dungeon Finder 15m/30m debuff is useless. Everyone had lots of alts these days, all people do is relog to an alt and join again. It serves no purpose at all.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#4 - Sept. 7, 2011, 8:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
En Taro Adun,

Thank you for your report Plintstorm.

This however has already been reported and we are aware of this issue. Should you like to add anything to the report, please do so in the following thread:
http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/forum/topic/2601291903

Locking this thread to avoid duplicate posts.

Taro ruul asz.
Forum Avatar
Customer Service
#5 - Sept. 7, 2011, 8:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
For the Hor...oh wait :(
Forum Avatar
Community
#58 - Sept. 6, 2011, 2:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
05/09/2011 19:08Posted by Gemma
All in all, Blizzard, I think the game policies towards votekick and friendship making give me the impression that you support bad players more than good.

The vote-kick system was introduced as a way to remove undesirable players, in what way does it support them?

Nobody can make friends without giving away our personal real-life details. Wow isn't Facebook, even if someone in charge at Blizzard thinks it is. Don't get me wrong, real name I have no problem sharing, but email address and, even worse, login ID? No way, never.

RealID and the associated party feature are designed especially for people you do trust with your details.

And the votekick, why 4 hours?

If you have a 4-hour cooldown on your vote-kick, it's because you use it a lot. The system is designed to prevent people from kicking too often, and abusing the mechanic. In this case, others in the group agreed with you that the player should be kicked, so you were able to remove them.
Forum Avatar
Community
#58 - Sept. 6, 2011, 3:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
All in all, Blizzard, I think the game policies towards votekick and friendship making give me the impression that you support bad players more than good.

The vote-kick system was introduced as a way to remove undesirable players, in what way does it support them?

Nobody can make friends without giving away our personal real-life details. Wow isn't Facebook, even if someone in charge at Blizzard thinks it is. Don't get me wrong, real name I have no problem sharing, but email address and, even worse, login ID? No way, never.

RealID and the associated party feature are designed especially for people you do trust with your details.

And the votekick, why 4 hours?

If you have a 4-hour cooldown on your vote-kick, it's because you use it a lot. The system is designed to prevent people from kicking too often, and abusing the mechanic. In this case, others in the group agreed with you that the player should be kicked, so you were able to remove them.
Forum Avatar
Community
#110 - Sept. 6, 2011, 9:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/09/2011 23:26Posted by Milkomatic
aaargh been there done that. once i even got kicked for not speaking polish or whatever it was >_>

This is the type of kick abuse I meant. The person/people that did this won't be able to do it for long because of the cool-down, and that's what it's in place for. It's not meant to punish those of you who use it genuinely, and this is why threads like this are useful to us.

As a side note before I head off to the land of nod; I pug a lot, multiple times a day usually. Yes, I experience the odd occasion where I'm grateful for the vote-kick feature, but rarely. I mean perhaps once a week, even once a fortnight. However, I'm often in groups where a vote-kick is initiated over, what I consider, a very trivial matter, eg. being AFK for 2 minutes, DCing, fairly low DPS or no knowledge of tactics. There are often threads here on the forums from people who complain of being kicked for minor reasons such as this, and we have a duty to look after them too. The difficult part is finding a middle ground.
Forum Avatar
Community
#110 - Sept. 6, 2011, 10:49 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/09/2011 23:26Posted by Milkomatic
aaargh been there done that. once i even got kicked for not speaking polish or whatever it was >_>

This is the type of kick abuse I meant. The person/people that did this won't be able to do it for long because of the cool-down, and that's what it's in place for. It's not meant to punish those of you who use it genuinely, and this is why threads like this are useful to us.

As a side note before I head off to the land of nod; I pug a lot, multiple times a day usually. Yes, I experience the odd occasion where I'm grateful for the vote-kick feature, but rarely. I mean perhaps once a week, even once a fortnight. However, I'm often in groups where a vote-kick is initiated over, what I consider, a very trivial matter, eg. being AFK for 2 minutes, DCing, fairly low DPS or no knowledge of tactics. There are often threads here on the forums from people who complain of being kicked for minor reasons such as this, and we have a duty to look after them too. The difficult part is finding a middle ground.
Forum Avatar
Community
#137 - Sept. 7, 2011, 6:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
While I appreciate that it's also possible to use it with anyone you happen to have met, it does seem to be rather obvious that it would be useful to have a system designed to let you keep in touch with people you don't know in real life.

I mean, looking at the OP's example, a single heroic run where you got on decently with one other person is hardly great grounds to justify putting a lot of trust in them, is it? Trust's earned over time - which is exactly what you don't get.

Yes, we get that you'd like to see this feature, but bear in mind cross-realm groups are still relatively new and were designed to work purely with RealID friends. Chatting and grouping with non-RealID mates cross-realm is something completely new. But, as always, we're hearing your feedback.
Forum Avatar
Community
#137 - Sept. 7, 2011, 7:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
While I appreciate that it's also possible to use it with anyone you happen to have met, it does seem to be rather obvious that it would be useful to have a system designed to let you keep in touch with people you don't know in real life.

I mean, looking at the OP's example, a single heroic run where you got on decently with one other person is hardly great grounds to justify putting a lot of trust in them, is it? Trust's earned over time - which is exactly what you don't get.

Yes, we get that you'd like to see this feature, but bear in mind cross-realm groups are still relatively new and were designed to work purely with RealID friends. Chatting and grouping with non-RealID mates cross-realm is something completely new. But, as always, we're hearing your feedback.