Saving up Quests to turn in after the Xpac?

#0 - Oct. 31, 2006, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Ive heard some people say it would be possible to save quests and turn them in after the xpac for exp. However, I thought I saw a blue post sometime ago saying that you wouldnt be able to do this?

Does anyone know what the current rule is on this?

Or where to find the correct info?

Thanks a bunch.
#6 - Oct. 31, 2006, 11:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Perhaps the more important question is why you would save up quests for immediate turn-in.

Why elaborate a calculated series of activities to receive a negligible gain? Obviously, it would be impossible to use this and other methods to hit 70 on the first day, but suppose you could? Why would that even be worth it?

Granted, you could argue a meta-game point being more satisfying to some gamers, but that's rather academic.

If you would or do intend to do such a thing, does it make your game experience better/more/mostest?
#11 - Oct. 31, 2006, 11:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Won't even get you one level.

Indeed.
#25 - Oct. 31, 2006, 11:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Im not sure why you are attempting to make me feel bad/guilty/whatever for wanting to do this. You do not know me at all, Im not a "min/max" player...not by a long shot.

A few guildies and I are planning on clearing any quests we have in order to have an empty log for the xpac. We can either turn these quest in now, or after the release.

Either way they will get turned in, so why not pick up a little xp in the process?

It was a simple question, which you did not answer by the way.

No need to get testy. I simply ask because it seems like one of those questions people take for granted. They tend to say "It's so obvious" without actually thinking about what motivates them to do something. I wasn't trying to make you feel bad, I was simply using this thread as a venue for discussion about why some people may behave a certain way.

Getting a little XP is not really that different from getting a little gold. At level 60, the number of quests you could save for XP are not going to give you a full level and probably won't get you through half of the level.

Now, you could call me a 'stop and smell the roses' type guy, but I tend to savor journeys over destinations. Quest turn ins of this kind strike me as goal-oriented behavior.

Simply encouraging conversation on the matter, not assigning value judgements.