Blizz Only Cares About my Subscription Fee

Forum Avatar
#1 - Sept. 1, 2011, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So here's the deal. I've botted on this account, I've purchased power-leveling services on this account, and I've bought gold on this account. I've decided I waste too much money on this game and I'm honestly too pathetic to quit, so I opened a GM ticket to report myself for these offenses. I'm working on figuring out how to screenshot a webpage so I can post a link, but for now I'll just type out my ticket and my response:

My ticket: "I want to report myself for breaking the ToA. I payed for a character power-level through Link removed (the character xxxxxx on yyyyyyy). I also bought about 60k gold on xxxxxxxx (also on yyyyyyy) about 8 months ago. Please ban my account, because I'm about to do it again and I don't have the strength to stop myself. Please make that choice for me. Please and thank you."

(I omit my character names and server because my guild would kill me if they found out I was trying to get myself banned)

My response: "Hi there!

This is Game Master xxxxxxx," (I don't want to get the GM in trouble) "here to help you out!

So, we do take this very seriously. I am investigating this and taking the appropriate actions on your account with your report. That said it sounds like you know better and want to change. For this one time I'm issuing you a warning. Pleas refrain from things that hurt the economy and the game. It's not just you that gets hurt in this. This can affect other players personal accounts and it can also ultimately get your account banned or your characters damaged severely. I’m sure you just want to enjoy the game as much as anyone that plays it.

Please review our stance on power leveling and gold selling. To do so please visit www.worldofwarcraft.com and look for our blog titled 'Account Security and You (Yes, You)'

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we have made note of it. Thank you so much for your time, your patience and mostly thank you for playing World of Warcraft!

Regards,
Game Master xxxxxxx
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support"

If that doesn't get me banned, I don't know what will. But I've just been issued a warning? Really? A WARNING, for knowingly breaking the ToA... Maybe they'll ban me in a week or so, but my money is on that they don't really care at the moment. With subscriptions down, they don't want to lose my 15 dollars + the retarded amount of services I pay for in this game.

What are your thoughts?
Forum Avatar
#1 - Sept. 1, 2011, 6:22 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So here's the deal. I've botted on this account, I've purchased power-leveling services on this account, and I've bought gold on this account. I've decided I waste too much money on this game and I'm honestly too pathetic to quit, so I opened a GM ticket to report myself for these offenses. I'm working on figuring out how to screenshot a webpage so I can post a link, but for now I'll just type out my ticket and my response:

My ticket: "I want to report myself for breaking the ToA. I payed for a character power-level through Link removed (the character xxxxxx on yyyyyyy). I also bought about 60k gold on xxxxxxxx (also on yyyyyyy) about 8 months ago. Please ban my account, because I'm about to do it again and I don't have the strength to stop myself. Please make that choice for me. Please and thank you."

(I omit my character names and server because my guild would kill me if they found out I was trying to get myself banned)

My response: "Hi there!

This is Game Master xxxxxxx," (I don't want to get the GM in trouble) "here to help you out!

So, we do take this very seriously. I am investigating this and taking the appropriate actions on your account with your report. That said it sounds like you know better and want to change. For this one time I'm issuing you a warning. Pleas refrain from things that hurt the economy and the game. It's not just you that gets hurt in this. This can affect other players personal accounts and it can also ultimately get your account banned or your characters damaged severely. I’m sure you just want to enjoy the game as much as anyone that plays it.

Please review our stance on power leveling and gold selling. To do so please visit www.worldofwarcraft.com and look for our blog titled 'Account Security and You (Yes, You)'

Again, thank you for bringing this to our attention and we have made note of it. Thank you so much for your time, your patience and mostly thank you for playing World of Warcraft!

Regards,
Game Master xxxxxxx
Blizzard Entertainment
www.blizzard.com/support"

If that doesn't get me banned, I don't know what will. But I've just been issued a warning? Really? A WARNING, for knowingly breaking the ToA... Maybe they'll ban me in a week or so, but my money is on that they don't really care at the moment. With subscriptions down, they don't want to lose my 15 dollars + the retarded amount of services I pay for in this game.

What are your thoughts?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - Sept. 1, 2011, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's a lot of unproductive posting going on in this thread, which is why I've locked it.

That said, it's not about your subscription - it's about whether or not you genuinely want to continue playing, and generally, when a player confesses to their own ill-doing, that usually means they feel bad about it, want to repent, and want to continue to play. Alternatively, we live in a world where some players may have, either intentionally or inadvertently, shared their information with other parties. These other parties shouldn't be privy to a decision to permanently close the account out of spite, anger, or any other dubious intention.

There's a lot more to these situations than black and white observations. There's a lot of possibilities regarding what did and didn't happen, and through thorough investigation, we'll come to a determination that's best for the situation. We're not in the habit of closing an account just because someone asked us to - proper and necessary evidence is required, because there are situations where the person asking for the account to be closed might not be the one who truly has a say in that situation.

Because these situations are often complicated and require a lot sensitive personal information, we don't permit discussion of account actions or investigations on these forums. Per our Code of Conduct, I'm afraid I cannot allow this conversation to continue. If you wish to discuss this matter, you will need to use the appropriate venue. Account Administration can be contacted via our Support Site - you'll want to submit a petition regarding the situation from there. If you want to discuss how the matter has been handled, then you'll want to e-mail wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com. From there, a supervisor can investigate whether or not the appropriate action is being taken.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#12 - Sept. 1, 2011, 7:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There's a lot of unproductive posting going on in this thread, which is why I've locked it.

That said, it's not about your subscription - it's about whether or not you genuinely want to continue playing, and generally, when a player confesses to their own ill-doing, that usually means they feel bad about it, want to repent, and want to continue to play. Alternatively, we live in a world where some players may have, either intentionally or inadvertently, shared their information with other parties. These other parties shouldn't be privy to a decision to permanently close the account out of spite, anger, or any other dubious intention.

There's a lot more to these situations than black and white observations. There's a lot of possibilities regarding what did and didn't happen, and through thorough investigation, we'll come to a determination that's best for the situation. We're not in the habit of closing an account just because someone asked us to - proper and necessary evidence is required, because there are situations where the person asking for the account to be closed might not be the one who truly has a say in that situation.

Because these situations are often complicated and require a lot sensitive personal information, we don't permit discussion of account actions or investigations on these forums. Per our Code of Conduct, I'm afraid I cannot allow this conversation to continue. If you wish to discuss this matter, you will need to use the appropriate venue. Account Administration can be contacted via our Support Site - you'll want to submit a petition regarding the situation from there. If you want to discuss how the matter has been handled, then you'll want to e-mail wowgmfeedback-us@blizzard.com. From there, a supervisor can investigate whether or not the appropriate action is being taken.