Great GM Service

#1 - Aug. 24, 2011, 10:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Original Problem: I socketed my bracers with a 67+ strength JC token and its stuck on the 40strength gem still im not sure if it worked but the gem is no longer in my bag or in my bracers

1st Ticket Responce: Hello Jerrald

Thank you for contacting the World of Warcraft Game Master Department.

Unfortunately, we are unable to fulfill your request at this time. Though our goal is to resolve every issue as requested, certain actions are beyond the scope of the Game Master Department. We regret any inconvenience you may have been caused.

Should you require further assistance, please submit another help request the next time you are online. We hope you continue to enjoy your experience in World of Warcraft

Escalted: What do you mean beyond the scope of a GM. you can clearly see that i socketed the bracers and the gem disappered. how is the not fixable?

2nd Responce: Hello Jerrald!

Thanks for contacting us. I'm sorry that I wasn't able to reach you while you were online.

I should clarify. The "out of scope" part was that we do not assit in getting back gems that were misplaced or gemmed incorrectly. I'm looking over our logs and it seems as though you inserted the gem in to your Breastplate of the Witness. You should see it there. This is what happened to that gem you mentioned. Sorry for any inconvenience. : /

Escalted Again: Are you kidding me the
Breastplate of the Witness
Binds when picked up
Chest Plate
3128 Armor
+268 Strength
+401 Stamina
Durability 135 / 135
Item Level 333
Equip: Increases your dodge rating by 157 (1.17% @ L84).
Equip: Increases your parry rating by 191 (1.42% @ L84).
Sell Price: 17g 7s 67c

That chest, doesn't even have a socket. It's in my bag un socketed cause it has no place to put a gem in.

I'm glad i pay these guys salaries.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#21 - Aug. 25, 2011, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Jerrald,

Unfortunately, for the time being I am unable to see exactly what you asked for in your petition. I am only guessing that there may have been a confusion in what you were asking for, the best way would have been to ask for the specific refund of the gem itself, Bold Chimera's Eye or the Chimera's Eye. Perhaps the game master may have been confused as to which one you were requesting a refund for, since you have the same gem socketed to your chest.

So then on the second response, the game master somehow was further confused and thought you were requesting the gem that was socketed to your chest and not the bracers, regardless, it is always important to be detailed in what you are asking for specifically, specially when you are requesting a refund for gems, enchants etc., this however, does not mean that they are incompetent, there was a miscommunication on what you requested. As well as you made a mistake in geming the item, they may have made a mistake in their responses to you.

It is possible that they still may not be able to refund you this gem, and in reality 1 daily can replace this gem if really needed, that is not really hard to do, not sure about you, but most Jewelcrafters stack tokens to have them as needed, to prevent this in the future please be careful when adding gems your items.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#27 - Aug. 25, 2011, 12:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/24/2011 05:05 PMPosted by Jerrald
actually i didnt socket incorrectly as you can see the gm said in his response and replaced the item. Its not so much that i cant afford another gem or wait to do the daily again but why should i be penalized for a glitch that stole from me. Yes i should of gone into more detail. i thought the 67strength gem would be enough.
As you can see in my response, I mentioned I could only guess what the issue was, but usually this happens when things aren't requested with details or being specific with what the player needs. It is impossible to know all the items in game. Overall, happy this was taken care of for you! \(^.~)/