PvP tokens.

#0 - Oct. 25, 2006, 3:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Quick question. Do you get tokens per kill? If we don't, that's true BG grinding I have ahead of myself. I'm going to have to waste a lot of my life.. Wait! I don't have that much time to waste!

Edit: I haven't read anything on how the PvP tokens are aquired, so please don't hurt me. q-q!!!
#3 - Oct. 25, 2006, 4:05 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Tokens? For the honor system there are honor points accumulated similarly to how honor is acquired now, for battlegrounds there are marks of honor rewarded at the end each game (3 for a win, 1 for a loss), and there are arena points awarded based on team standing. Which one are you referring to, and can you clarify your question a bit?
#13 - Oct. 25, 2006, 4:15 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Ok, you're referring to the honor points AND marks of honor which are both used to buy the high-end honor rewards. The marks of honor are obtained from playing battleground games, and you get 3 for a win and 1 for a loss. Honor points are acquired through defeating a player through PvP and are awarded after realm maintenance on Tuesday's similar to honor in the current system. How much honor you will obtain will fluctuate depending on the opponent, and may still be adjusted

As the current high-end rewards will lower in value with the release of the expansion they're going to be made much easier to obtain to properly place their value in-line with what's available above them. Couple that with honor points being accumulated infinitum, there isn't a need to engage in a large amount of consistent PvP to gain the higher rewards. You can go at your own pace and get the rewards as quickly or slowly as you want or need.
#14 - Oct. 25, 2006, 4:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Say you are in the crappiest ranking team in the bracket, you will still accumulate arena points, just vastly lower than the highest rank team, correct? So I may take forever grinding but *some* day could get the arena gear?

Fundamentally the arena system is the antithesis of "grinding", but yes, you are correct. As long as you get your 10 games a week you'll get arena points, and you can save them and save them until you get to the point where you can start buying the rewards.
#22 - Oct. 25, 2006, 4:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Have my babies. I've been wanting this confirmed for a month now =P Honor/Arena points won't go away even if you don't participate in say two months though, right?

They don't degrade or disappear.
#26 - Oct. 25, 2006, 4:34 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So basically, the amount of people you kill gets you tokens. The 'Honor gained' will be 'Tokens gained' instead.

Yes, the more people you defeat the more honor you will get (aside from the normal diminishing returns).

Q u o t e:
Every amount of Honor you get will be a certain amount of tokens. 1000 honor = Ten tokens?

Honor as you know it is out the window, what you're getting in the new system is honor points. Each kill = a certain amount of honor points. Those points can then be spent like currency.

Q u o t e:
Link also = http://media.pc.gamespy.com/media/770/770472/img_3995571.html From the WoW Vault screen shots.

Edit: How many tokens will come in a stack?

Yeah, what you're seeing in that screenshot are honor points denoted by the red symbol (I think it's a horde symbol right now). Honor points are stored on your character, just like honor is in the current system. They won't be manifested into actual items taking up inventory space.
#34 - Oct. 25, 2006, 4:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
So, we can get the field marshal / Grand Marshal gear in BC with the new PvP system? will it be ALOT easier to get the gear?

All current rewards will continue to be available in the new honor system, including battleground reputation rewards. The current rewards will be easier to obtain to properly reflect their value in a post-expansion world, but if it's A LOT easier (or what that would even equate to), I couldn't say.