transmog. + void storage is not...

#1 - Aug. 24, 2011, 4:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Umm correct me if I'm wrong, but transmogrification + void storage isn't what most people were asking for. Blizz once again gets it wrong right off the bat.

Don't get me wrong, they are cool features, but it's not solving the problem that most collectors / hoarders have.

The reason I collect old sets is so I can at any random point equip a set and show off what I've worked to attain. Under the current system that would mean:
Run to the bank
Grab items
Equip

I can do this with any set I have and it only takes the time to swap some things around in my bags.
THE PROBLEM with this currently is we run out of bag space once you get a couple of tier sets, a couple of pvp sets, and holiday / fun items (for my DK I have things such as Illidan's black blindfold leather helm).

So follow this example:
I on a day to day basis want my current equipped gear to look like tier 1
transmog. current gear to t1
see someone barking for a classic raid "come in your classic gear!"
pay to get t5 out of void storage
then I either transmog my gear for this event and then have to change it back to t1
or, I just equip the old set and deposit it back in VS when I'm done.

This isn't making anything easier, it's making it harder, AND now it costs money.
Why would I use void storage? I keep things to use them, not tuck them away in some alternate bank that I basically will never want to on a whim use items from because it cost money to get them and put them back.

WHAT WE WANT:
An appearance tab... just like we've been asking for years.
I collect tier 1 set
I drag them into the appearance tab queue, it tells me how much it will cost to convert them
I click ok
Items are destroyed and now are available in my appearance tab

Appearance tab works like a hybrid of the gear set builder + title drop down
Select the items that are a "appearance set"
and any time, anywhere, I can click one of those sets and it looks like I'm wearing that set. Simple. Items are destroyed so they aren't taking up bag space. They are a text list somewhere. I can show off all the sets I've collected over the years, and everyone is happy.

Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#10 - Aug. 24, 2011, 5:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Locking some of these threads talking about the same topic. Please consider using an existing thread. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973026165