Raid ID serves no purpose

#0 - March 16, 2010, 12:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Its frustrating to play a game where you are limited.
you are limited to playing the game because you are saved to an instance.

I've tried several pugs over the past month, and sadly almost every pug fails, some get to to first boss on ICC, some get to 4th boss. then raid is called and I'm saved. then I can't get into the instance for a whole week.

so I get on my alt, and exact same problem, I get into another fail pug.

why does blizzard penalize the player??
it it just me or does this raid instance lockout suck??

IMO if someone has already done an instance simply dont let the boss drop loot or badges for the player which would prevent farming epic or badges, problem solved.

but dont lock out the player and penalize for something thats not their fault?
last time I checked, wow is a video game. and wow is the only video game that I can think of that limits a player to an instance, meaning they gota wait 7 days to try it again? what other video game does that?

please blizzard I implore you fix the raid instance ID lockout, its so frustrating for players who want to play the game but then are penalized.

the other arguement is, simple fix to that is join a guild.
well I have joined a guild and same problem they could not get past 1st boss! or I'm on standby all da time and dont actually get to raid hence why I do pugs instead.
I've actually gotten more gear from doing pugs than raiding with a guild.
the obvious solution is to be in a guild where they take ya raiding and finish it. on a mains i can see that happening but on alts, no way. they dont take alts on 25mans runs.

if I was not saved I could at least try with another pug another day.

I admit not all pugs are fail but for the most part they are which brings progression on a toon to a halt, he can't gear up, can't get anymore badges because he is saved to 10 and 25man because the pug failed now has to wait a whole week

when will blizzard wake up and fix the raid instance ID?

its so frustrating to be in a 10man ICC run and someone either ninja DC or has to leave...now someone has to go back to dalaran to spam trade chat to find a tank or healer.
that looking for Raid browser sucks, it never finds anyone....why not implement the 5man queue system for a 10man raid also but make it jsut for the server. i understand cross realm is a problem but at least make it work for the server we are on.

when ppl drop the raid, that usually means its over. so even though players were not fail because some had to log we can't continue anymore and again we are saved.

does anyone else think the raid ID lockout is a fail?
any other ideas how to bypass or fix it?
i'm all for not allowing to overgear and overfarm loot n badges, i understand that logic but not to prevent someone from continuing the instance.
#11 - March 16, 2010, 1:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not meant as a punishment, but rather to limit players from running the raid dungeon more than once per week. Pugging a raid is always going to be a gamble, as you really don't know what you're getting into before you join.