Transmogrification and Heirlooms: A Plea

#1 - Aug. 19, 2011, 12:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There was a blue post on another thread about the issue of Heirloom items and Transmogrification - and the fact that it was still under discussion whether or not they would be allowed.

Can I please make the hearfelt request that they *are* allowed to be transmogrified?

There's a couple of reasons I would really like this to happen:

Firstly, as an altoholic, I've levelled up so many time that I can't imagine doing it without the XP boost that HLs provide. However, I'm getting so sick of seeing some of these models - made all the worse that I see them for 80-85 levels at a time. It's kind of sad to see all these cool looking upgrades dropping that I would like for looks, but can't justify for losing the XP bonus.

Secondly, some of the models that were selected for heirlooms are extremely appropriate to certainly classes and look really out of place on others. The DPS plate looks really wrong on a DK and even a warrior since its colours scream Paladin. Likewise, the plate tanking set - and the axe - looks weird on a paladin. The physical mail set looks bizarre in general, and doesn't really suit either hunters or shamans. And the cloth set is all about Warlock - priests with skull patterns just doesn't go.

Lastly, some of the sets (again looking at plate especially) are very faction-specific seeming too. DPS looks like I walked straight out of Stormwind, Tanking looks like I go to the same tailors as Garrosh.

I would say though that, like the "refundable" tag, the Transmogrification should be cleared by mailing the item to another toon - and that they shouldn't accept any class-specific armor models at all - to avoid the issue of level 10 toons running around another classes Tier 12.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - Aug. 20, 2011, 7:34 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There was a blue post on another thread about the issue of Heirloom items and Transmogrification - and the fact that it was still under discussion whether or not they would be allowed.

Could you post the reply to that thread instead? No need to make a new thread. Makes it more difficult for us to keep track of the discussions.