Zarhym's PvP Thread

#1 - Aug. 19, 2011, 8:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Is the epitome of awesome.

( dont let your head explode, sir )

specifically the idea to to casually stroll into the pvp forum like " Hi. sup. Im blue. lets talk about this. go." is perhaps the most genius act of any single blizzard employee Ive ever bared witness to.

My only hope is that we see Zarhym and/or more cms take the idea to the other forums on this site ( tanking, healing, class, and so on ).

Pro sir.. very pro.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#31 - Aug. 19, 2011, 9:31 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You realize that it probably wasn't an off the top of his head idea to do this, right?

A Dev-CM meeting.

OK guys. We're set. We need a CM to go on the PvP forums and find out what people's concerns are. Who wants to volunteer.

.....silence......

OK, seeing as no-one has volunteered, you need to go do it Zarhym.

Aw shucks...do I have to.

Yes. Now get to it.

Cheers.

It actually was. :)

Yes, we have discussed PvP concerns in meetings recently. But, when I finally got some free time yesterday evening at work I said, "Hey Bashiok [didn't actually call him that], I'm going to go start a thread on the PvP forum to open up a conversation with them for the remainder of my day."

He suggested I make sure to stay on top of it and compile the popular feedback. I stayed completely focused on that thread for my last hours at work, then this morning shipped off some feedback to our developers along with a link to the thread (and other related threads).
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#43 - Aug. 19, 2011, 10:40 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I thought you're always reading the forums and gathering feedback?

I mean, it sort of sounds like this was all new feedback but many of the issues brought up have been issues for well over a year, and it's kind of concerning to hear that you're just now bringing them up with the devs. Have you considered getting another CM or two to stay on top of this stuff?

We're always gathering feedback from the forums. As I mentioned in that thread, several of the points brought up we've already discussed with our developers.

The reason I chose to do that last night was just to really give focused attention for a little bit. When we more passively gather feedback for too long, players tend to feel ignored, hence why I created my own thread and let 'er rip.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#56 - Aug. 19, 2011, 11:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
You, just then, made your job seem SOOOOO Amazing!
I mean, it's like "Hey boss, imma go sit on the forums for the rest of they day and have a giant awesome-o discussion with the community! (Then you smiled epic big like =D)"
I know, just like 99.999% of the other threads on these forums there were people trying to start s***, but STILL!
:D

It's a very awesome job. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#57 - Aug. 19, 2011, 11:25 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/19/2011 04:16 PMPosted by Communitas
And talk some more about Blood DKs.

Daxxarri's been particularly awesome as of late maintaining a dialog with the class design team about Blood death knight concerns.