Tier 0, 0.5, 3 and Transmogrification

#1 - Aug. 18, 2011, 4:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Greetings,

First off, I'd like to thank Blizzard for finally considering this upcoming feature and extra storage for old armor/weapons.

However, I'd like to raise some concern about the inability to obtain tiers "0, 0.5" and 3. That is, the old level 60 5-person dungeon sets and the old tier set out of Naxxramas (level 60 version).

I'd just like to ask that there be some way to obtain these items, whether through a continuation of the set drops and the reappearance of the level 60 Naxxramas or some similar, time-consuming method.

(I'm not partial to the requests out there to have old sets become purchasable with JP.)

I have full tier 0.5 on this toon. I farmed it out for the sake of collection before it went away. I also have many other sets on this character. On different toons in the past I've also collected the sets including most of tier 3 on one. Because of this, I understand the appeal of the rare nature of the items now. At the moment, I'm sure I will be one of very few hunters out there (if any) running around in the fancy red and brown Beastmaster dungeon set on my server. I'll likely have to deal with whispers asking me where I got the armor, and I'll have to tell people that the items are no longer obtainable.

If I could have my way though, I'd much rather be running around in tier 3.

I can imagine people with Corrupted Ashbringer, people running around with one of the most amazing-looking items in the game, and being swarmed with whispers. They too will have to inform others that the item is no longer obtainable.

I'd like to ask Blizzard to make these items obtainable. We already have to put up with people riding around on rare, now unobtainable mounts.

Thank you very much for your time. I really appreciate that you've read all of this to hear me out. I'd like to read your thoughts as well.

Good luck, and happy hunting.

Extra:
I expect a number of counter arguments, so let me just make a few more points.

1. Yes, in my perfect World of Warcraft all mounts would still be obtainable. That's alright if you think differently.

2. Unlike mounts however, transmogrification impacts a very fundamental appearance of the character. I can already predict my loathing when one day I'll be in a group with a hunter sporting the full tier 3. I'm also sure some new hunters out there may become envious as I show off my full tier 0.5.

3. Yes, I do understand that people at one point worked very hard to obtain certain item sets. I also know that most of the tier 3 and Corrupted Ashbringers and Atiesh collections out there this very moment were farmed at level 70, not at 60. I also understand that most collections of armor on current toons also were not farmed at their appropriate level (thanks to switching classes over time, achievements and reputation farming sessions, deleting the items because of bank space and then re-farming them, etc. etc.).

4. And on a side note, yes, I do understand that tier 7 and 10 have an aesthetic similarity to tier 3 (at least for hunters). They're just not the same though.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2 - Aug. 18, 2011, 4:08 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Please post your comments, concerns, and questions in the following thread:

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2973026165