http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048#blog

What do you think?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - Aug. 17, 2011, 4:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3309048#blog

What do you think?

That I would rather you spend more time making content than crap like this?

More dungeons and raids, less pretty-boy crap.

Just look at me.

Please.

I need all the help I can get to be a pretty-boy.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#88 - Aug. 17, 2011, 4:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/17/2011 09:18 AMPosted by Grimr
oh and kaivax mind changing your avatar?? That is a pygmy but not a very good one bashiok would agree he knows what a true pygmy is. Thrashing through the jungles of kurast wielding a knife. Cutting down anything that gets in his little way. I mean surely there's a d3 model for THAT pygmy isn't there????

Oh don't worry. I'm going to be transmogrified myself in the next few months.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#117 - Aug. 17, 2011, 4:26 p.m.
Blizzard Post

NO FUN ALLOWED.

Fun is killing difficult bosses. Fun isn't flouncing around Stormwind saying "look how pretty I am." Go find a social networking site and get yourself an avatar, if you want to do that.

See, there's your mistake right there. You're flouncing around Stormwind. Try flouncing around Orgrimmar. Now that's the right place to have some serious fun flouncing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#487 - Aug. 17, 2011, 5:54 p.m.
Blizzard Post
it will be nice to see the old armor sets again, and glaives and so on.

everyone has some item they like a lot for aesthetic reasons but have had to put it in their bags as it is no longer "viable".

it's good we have this option to make use of that gear once again without it being a dps/hps loss. just think, thunderfury with the stats of the tank sword off beth'tilac! :p

You will not be able to transmogrify using a legendary item as either the source or the recipient of a change.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#507 - Aug. 17, 2011, 5:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/17/2011 09:59 AMPosted by Anarcanist
Time to farm my twill set again

This system is going to launch with fairly conservative rules, so that we can get it up and running as soon as possible and make fun improvements down the road. It’s not beyond the realm of possibility that we’ll eventually allow transmogrification to use the twill set or [insert your favorite item here], but probably not for the initial launch of the feature.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#515 - Aug. 17, 2011, 5:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/17/2011 10:56 AMPosted by Iamnotolol
You will not be able to transmogrify using a legendary item as either the source or the recipient of a change.

Then why is Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros in the last picture... ??

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#524 - Aug. 17, 2011, 6 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This basically punishes Lore Masters for doing all the quests already. In order to get the look I want, I'm going to have to reroll DK and start over again to get my quest / starter gear?

*sigh*

We would like to offer some alternative ways to get favorite items that are no longer available, such as perhaps the dungeon tier sets or the DK start gear. This is something we will expand over time – not every favorite item will be immediately available at launch. But we’ll keep a list of items that get requested by the players and work to get them in someday.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#632 - Aug. 17, 2011, 6:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post

That is intended to be the original, not-legendary Sulfuras.

Sulfuron Hammer

Does not look like Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros, bad example to post up there buddy.

You're correct. He should be wielding Sulfuron Hammer, and is clearly holding a Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. In any case, he is not holding something other than Sulfuras, Hand of Ragnaros. Legendaries will always be identifiable on sight.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#2420 - Aug. 18, 2011, 9:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/18/2011 11:15 AMPosted by Mommyfortuna
1. If we have already had, and destroyed, gear to make bag space in the past. Will there be ANY way for us to avoid having to refarm the gear, or, will closer to release will the "Must have" restriction be changed into something else?

No, it's necessary to have both the item you want to make look like something else, and the item you're using the 'look' of.

2. Will we be able to transmorgrify (? is there a tense!?) items more than once, like a hair cut, or is it a once and done deal?

You can swap around the looks of items as much as you want. There's a gold cost associated with using it, so that's your only limitation (aside from which specific items can be used in the process).

3. Will there be other preset items that we aren't required to have, but can chose from just to give us access to this feature? (Also, like the hair cut) Just a few items that may interest us, but aren't necessarily from previous teirs. Perhaps an NPC outfit that falls into our armor class?

I'm not sure what you're asking? Will there be "free presets" to choose from? No you must own the physical item you're using the look from. Whether that's completing a quest, killing a boss, or buying it from a vendor.