legendary questline nexus boss broken?

#1 - Aug. 11, 2011, 5:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been on this questline for some time now and i honestly don't understand it. you have a dragon who hits like a truck and summons adds that hit even harder, if you don't interrupt the adds you die and you cant run from them. If you get hit by the dragon's breath, its over and to top it all off the boss has 1.9m hp. Seriously blizz? i understand its a legendary quest but come on you made it next to impossible for any class without an abundance of self heals. doing this on an affliction lock i can barely keep hp to get him to 1m hp left before i run out of defensive CDs and die, not to mention i'm in almost full 378 gear. On another note why is there an ability that needs to be dispelled? You made this game you should realize that not all casters have even a dispel let alone an offensive one to dispel the boss so why the hell is this even a mechanic?

All in all this NEEDS to be nerfed, not a lot but maybe take out the add spawning or lower the damage that it does? Anything really to help the classes without easy self healing.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#5 - Aug. 15, 2011, 11:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been on this questline for some time now and i honestly don't understand it. you have a dragon who hits like a truck and summons adds that hit even harder, if you don't interrupt the adds you die and you cant run from them. If you get hit by the dragon's breath, its over and to top it all off the boss has 1.9m hp. Seriously blizz? i understand its a legendary quest but come on you made it next to impossible for any class without an abundance of self heals. doing this on an affliction lock i can barely keep hp to get him to 1m hp left before i run out of defensive CDs and die, not to mention i'm in almost full 378 gear. On another note why is there an ability that needs to be dispelled? You made this game you should realize that not all casters have even a dispel let alone an offensive one to dispel the boss so why the hell is this even a mechanic?

All in all this NEEDS to be nerfed, not a lot but maybe take out the add spawning or lower the damage that it does? Anything really to help the classes without easy self healing.

To be fair, we've heard complaints that this is too hard for X, where X = just about every class/spec. It's supposed to be extremely challenging, harkening back to the feel of the Molten Core item quests, which were also not easy. On the other hand, you have unlimited attempts and time to try to figure it out.

You made this game you should realize that not all casters have even a dispel let alone an offensive one to dispel the boss so why the hell is this even a mechanic?

Warlocks have a good dispel in Devour Magic (Felhunter), though it's understandable that sometimes more PvE-oriented locks don't have as much experience using their pet in this manner.

It may be really hard, but the feedback we've heard from those who have completed it (including warlocks), is that it ultimately brings a major sense of accomplishment. If you want a legendary item, this questline isn't for the faint of heart. But we do wish you luck. ;)