Why did Blizz stop enforcing rules?

#1 - Aug. 11, 2011, 3:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Im looking back at my old ancient emails from 2006. I noticed that i recieved a 24 hour ban for saying "peepee" in trade chat. and Another 72 hour ban for saying "i like farts" in trade. To this day, the trade chat is filled with some of the most harshest insults and profanity and when reported, the gm respond with "There is an ignore button, use it" or "We'll look into it". Why did blizzard stop enforcing their rules?
#1 - Aug. 11, 2011, 3:01 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Im looking back at my old ancient emails from 2006. I noticed that i recieved a 24 hour ban for saying "peepee" in trade chat. and Another 72 hour ban for saying "i like farts" in trade. To this day, the trade chat is filled with some of the most harshest insults and profanity and when reported, the gm respond with "There is an ignore button, use it" or "We'll look into it". Why did blizzard stop enforcing their rules?
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#28 - Aug. 11, 2011, 3:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We DO enforce the rules, but we have to be made aware of violations before the wheels of justice start turning.

Just because you see REPORTED in chat - doesn't mean they were, chances are extremely high they indeed were not.

Report rules violations you see. No, you won't be told what happened, that has never been done. There is also a penalty volcano http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20221 that comes into play. Keep in mind also, just because you may not see a noticeable reaction, i.e., that toon disappears for awhile, doesn't mean there was nothing done - or that an individual has been reported often enough to climb the ladder on the volcano.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#28 - Aug. 11, 2011, 3:52 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We DO enforce the rules, but we have to be made aware of violations before the wheels of justice start turning.

Just because you see REPORTED in chat - doesn't mean they were, chances are extremely high they indeed were not.

Report rules violations you see. No, you won't be told what happened, that has never been done. There is also a penalty volcano http://us.blizzard.com/support/article.xml?locale=en_US&articleId=20221 that comes into play. Keep in mind also, just because you may not see a noticeable reaction, i.e., that toon disappears for awhile, doesn't mean there was nothing done - or that an individual has been reported often enough to climb the ladder on the volcano.