45 minute wait to play WoW

#1 - Aug. 10, 2011, 6:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
When will they finally fix the hour wait time for dps, if being a tank is so off putting then a good way to fix it is to make a dung that doesn't require a tank, as an alternate to the standard dungs, that functions with pure dps.

or with an npc tank that requires would act the same as a standard player would, A.E. the npc would have the average requirements for life, def, dodge, parry, and would follow the party leader wherever he/she wants to go. this would make a simple fix to the major issue and allow more people to participate in the end game content.

because honestly if the majority of the gaming base is dps then isnt this the group you wanna appease?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#95 - Aug. 11, 2011, 12:16 a.m.
Blizzard Post
We'd like to keep the traditional setting of 5-player dungeons as 1 tank, 1 healer, and 3 DPS. The idea of just adding in NPCs to fill lacking roles is truly not a simple one, nor a route we'd want to take. Not only would this take a lot of design time for a less-than-desirable fix, it'd stand at odds with our philosophy on dungeons for small groups.

That said, you do raise some good points about offering challenging, rewarding content to players which doesn't rely solely on players waiting for a specific class role which is in high demand across the boards. In our minds, there's potentially something missing between daily quests and dungeons, from a content/progression perspective. To that end, we're exploring some options for the future.

Also, dung is a distracting abbreviation.

When will they finally fix the hour wait time for dps, if being a tank is so off putting then a good way to fix it is to make a dung that doesn't require a tank, as an alternate to the standard dungs, that functions with pure dps.

or with an npc tank that requires would act the same as a standard player would, A.E. the npc would have the average requirements for life, def, dodge, parry, and would follow the party leader wherever he/she wants to go. this would make a simple fix to the major issue and allow more people to participate in the end game content.

because honestly if the majority of the gaming base is dps then isnt this the group you wanna appease?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#116 - Aug. 11, 2011, 12:40 a.m.
Blizzard Post
08/10/2011 05:19 PMPosted by Karat
Hey Zarhym, is there any particular reason you put quotes below your response, or do you just not feel like reformatting your post when you go to grab the quote?

I did that so that the Blue tracker here would show my text, and not text I quoted: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/

It's just a quirk with the way that tracker currently functions. If the quoted text was at the top, that tracker would display what I was quoting, rather than what I actually said.