Blizzard Please

#1 - Aug. 8, 2011, 11:33 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I understand that we may have 50 characters or even more per account, but I wish that on my server I could have more then my 10 characters. I have 10 horde toons one of each class, but who is to say that I do not want to roll an alliance toon on the same server. There is no way I want to delete one of my characters. I shouldnt have to buy a new account, but I would easily buy character slots if that was ever possible.

I can live with it now, but if blizzard releases more races or classes I wish to be able to roll that toon on my server.

I know I may not be the only one that feels this way.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#20 - Aug. 9, 2011, 11:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It has always been a matter of efficiency in data service. Much like the fabrication of a commercial airplane, the design of the server side of a service like World of Warcraft affects what can be provided to the players for as long as that service is being used.

With an airplane, you can conceivably add more seats inside. You can squeeze more people in there, to a point. But you can't (easily) expand the hull to make room for more seats. Over the long run, if the airline wants to accommodate more people, they add more planes to the route, or replace an existing plane with a larger plane that has room for more seats.

This request - which is heard loud and clear, by the way - is like asking the airline to simultaneously increase the number of passengers that can be carried on every plane in their fleet. Can it be done? Absolutely. It may be something that we are able to do, and soon. It may not be, because providing reliable data service is extremely important to us.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#24 - Aug. 9, 2011, 11:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
08/09/2011 04:39 PMPosted by Crepe
It may be something that we are able to do, and soon. It may not be, because providing reliable data service is extremely important to us.

How about just a couple extra gnome slots.

We're small...

Hey, man... I'm sympathetic. Pygmies are both small *and* naked. Mostly.