Blue response to "the disconnection issue"

#1 - Aug. 1, 2011, 3:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
for clarity:

Juniorcain,

We have 11.4 million active subscribers. Disconnecting from the game is one of the top issues reported in the Tech Support forum. Does this mean that the game or the servers are the cause of this? No, it does not. Continuing the auto mechanic analogy, they see many of the same issues day in and day out that bring people into their shop. Does this mean that the car manufacturer built a defect into those cars? Again, the answer is no.

The reason you see more people posting for help with disconnection issues right after a patch is because many people come back to the game to check out the patch, so there is a swell of active players. In addition, people's addons get outdated, ISP's experience hiccups and temporary outages, routers go bad, DNS caches get corrupted, modems pushed to the edge of their capabilities finally get overloaded, compromisers are still compromising, people are microwaving pocketed food too close to their wireless signal, and on and on.

When a true issue arises with the game code or server stability, they tend to reveal themselves fairly swiftly and we work quick and hard to get them fixed. We also do not hesitate to announce these issues when we determine that the source lies on our end. For example, there are currently several stickies in the Tech Support forum detailing the known issues that are currently going on.

Threads like these, however, emit more heat than light, and as Kinpin noted, there is not an ounce of useful diagnostic information in here. Unfortunately, that makes this thread useless for any type of information-gathering or pattern-recognition.

For general connection troubleshooting, please refer to the relevant support pages:

This type of response is completely unacceptable, and has become unfortunately representative of the type of community interaction that I have come to expect from Blizzard. From Ghostcrawler's "quit being bad" post regarding raid difficulty to the condescending attitude displayed in the quoted blue post, I'm tired of being talked down to by Blizzard employees.

For reference, people are using their internet every day for online gaming. I play multiple online games the require the same amount of bandwidth, if not more. I do not lag and disconnect from Black Ops. I do not lag and disconnect from MW2. I do not lag and disconnect from Battlefield. I only disconnect from YOUR game. I played prior to 4.2 with no disconnect issues whatsoever. To blame my hardware or firmware or the microwave located 90 feet and 3 cinderblock walls away in the house to me is simply an admission that you don't know what the problem is. To angrily accuse the OP of emitting "more heat than light" is not fixing the NUMBER ONE overall problem with the game, which is the deteriorating community. People are going to get angry when they pay for a service that does not perform as advertised, and you as a company have to work to understand that anger, regardless of whether or not you feel it's warranted. Teach your customer "service" employees this before customers who understand basic civility leave your company in droves.
#1 - Aug. 1, 2011, 3:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
for clarity:

Juniorcain,

We have 11.4 million active subscribers. Disconnecting from the game is one of the top issues reported in the Tech Support forum. Does this mean that the game or the servers are the cause of this? No, it does not. Continuing the auto mechanic analogy, they see many of the same issues day in and day out that bring people into their shop. Does this mean that the car manufacturer built a defect into those cars? Again, the answer is no.

The reason you see more people posting for help with disconnection issues right after a patch is because many people come back to the game to check out the patch, so there is a swell of active players. In addition, people's addons get outdated, ISP's experience hiccups and temporary outages, routers go bad, DNS caches get corrupted, modems pushed to the edge of their capabilities finally get overloaded, compromisers are still compromising, people are microwaving pocketed food too close to their wireless signal, and on and on.

When a true issue arises with the game code or server stability, they tend to reveal themselves fairly swiftly and we work quick and hard to get them fixed. We also do not hesitate to announce these issues when we determine that the source lies on our end. For example, there are currently several stickies in the Tech Support forum detailing the known issues that are currently going on.

Threads like these, however, emit more heat than light, and as Kinpin noted, there is not an ounce of useful diagnostic information in here. Unfortunately, that makes this thread useless for any type of information-gathering or pattern-recognition.

For general connection troubleshooting, please refer to the relevant support pages:

This type of response is completely unacceptable, and has become unfortunately representative of the type of community interaction that I have come to expect from Blizzard. From Ghostcrawler's "quit being bad" post regarding raid difficulty to the condescending attitude displayed in the quoted blue post, I'm tired of being talked down to by Blizzard employees.

For reference, people are using their internet every day for online gaming. I play multiple online games the require the same amount of bandwidth, if not more. I do not lag and disconnect from Black Ops. I do not lag and disconnect from MW2. I do not lag and disconnect from Battlefield. I only disconnect from YOUR game. I played prior to 4.2 with no disconnect issues whatsoever. To blame my hardware or firmware or the microwave located 90 feet and 3 cinderblock walls away in the house to me is simply an admission that you don't know what the problem is. To angrily accuse the OP of emitting "more heat than light" is not fixing the NUMBER ONE overall problem with the game, which is the deteriorating community. People are going to get angry when they pay for a service that does not perform as advertised, and you as a company have to work to understand that anger, regardless of whether or not you feel it's warranted. Teach your customer "service" employees this before customers who understand basic civility leave your company in droves.
#28 - Aug. 1, 2011, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Mauern,

I'm afraid you may have miss the point of Jeremy's post. Without information regarding the specific issue, we're not able to provide any advice or support. This thread has quickly become identical to the one Jeremy posted in previously so it will be locked as well. When asking for assistance on the technical support forum, please provide detailed information regarding your issue and the steps you have already tried.

Please also note that posting about locked threads is against the forum guidelines.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784178#2

Check your G-diffuser system!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#28 - Aug. 1, 2011, 4:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Mauern,

I'm afraid you may have miss the point of Jeremy's post. Without information regarding the specific issue, we're not able to provide any advice or support. This thread has quickly become identical to the one Jeremy posted in previously so it will be locked as well. When asking for assistance on the technical support forum, please provide detailed information regarding your issue and the steps you have already tried.

Please also note that posting about locked threads is against the forum guidelines.
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/932784178#2

Check your G-diffuser system!