Does Blizzard approve of racism?

#1 - July 26, 2011, 10:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So when someone calls me Jewish or an N-word for charging a certain amount above their expectation for an item or service in Trade Channel, and I report it, what actually happens? As a matter of fact, charging an in-game imaginary currency for in-game imaginary items or service has nothing to do with any ethnic group or religious background. It has nothing to do with stereotypes, slavery, persecution, torture, genocide, or any of those terrible things. So when I do not appreciate the nomenclature or attitude of the many terrible people in Trade Channel, what happens? They seem to think that nothing happens, that money overrules injustice for your company. Is that true? Please Blizzard, does my family need to be paying money to play your game? What happens to these people, and how can I make sure it is enforced? Is there anyone at Activision legal branch whom I can contact for clarification?

Thank you!
#1 - July 26, 2011, 10:36 a.m.
Blizzard Post
So when someone calls me Jewish or an N-word for charging a certain amount above their expectation for an item or service in Trade Channel, and I report it, what actually happens? As a matter of fact, charging an in-game imaginary currency for in-game imaginary items or service has nothing to do with any ethnic group or religious background. It has nothing to do with stereotypes, slavery, persecution, torture, genocide, or any of those terrible things. So when I do not appreciate the nomenclature or attitude of the many terrible people in Trade Channel, what happens? They seem to think that nothing happens, that money overrules injustice for your company. Is that true? Please Blizzard, does my family need to be paying money to play your game? What happens to these people, and how can I make sure it is enforced? Is there anyone at Activision legal branch whom I can contact for clarification?

Thank you!
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#26 - July 26, 2011, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Iblissa,

Thank you!
No, Blizzard does not approve of racism. It is recommended that players report these players in-game or by ticket in our website here: https://us.battle.net/support/

As to what happens or what we do to these players, that information is never disclosed. However, for an idea as to how our penalty system works, you can find some useful information here:

Account Penalties

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20221

When a player is reported they will receive one of these:

-Warning
    -3 Hour Suspension
    -24 Hour Suspension
    -48 Hour Suspension
    -72 Hour Suspension
    -Final Warning
    -Account Closure

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#26 - July 26, 2011, 6:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Heya Iblissa,

Thank you!
No, Blizzard does not approve of racism. It is recommended that players report these players in-game or by ticket in our website here: https://us.battle.net/support/

As to what happens or what we do to these players, that information is never disclosed. However, for an idea as to how our penalty system works, you can find some useful information here:

Account Penalties

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20221

When a player is reported they will receive one of these:

-Warning
    -3 Hour Suspension
    -24 Hour Suspension
    -48 Hour Suspension
    -72 Hour Suspension
    -Final Warning
    -Account Closure