Moderators Overstepping Boundaries

#1 - July 26, 2011, 3:52 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think that every post that gets deleted should also have an explanation sent to the account owner, much like account action taken.

AND

If my post gets deleted I have done something contrary to the terms agreement and should also receive some sort of account action.

But for you (as moderators) to willy nilly delete posts with out a word of explanation isn't right.

Especially when posts that (i personally feel warrant a deletion) don't get deleted.

As a pre-emptive response to the obligatory fanboi retort "Its their forums they can do what they want." Yes it is, and yes they can, however the moderators are not 'blizzard' as a whole, merely employees and representatives of blizzard, and are not immune to mistakes, and should be held accountable for abuse of power, which I feel, is being committed more and more each day.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#96 - July 26, 2011, 5:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
If your thread has been deleted, please feel free to email wowreportedpost@blizzard.com with a brief description of the thread and a link (if at all possible). We'll gladly take a look and attempt to clarify why the thread was deleted.

07/25/2011 09:21 PMPosted by Hellguard
I sent 3 emails and not one response, that is what prompted my call to customer support. Did they give you anything useful or was it an automated type response?

Our records indicate that we've responded to each of your emails (twice on 7/13 and once on 7/20). If you haven't received them, you may want to check your spam folders.