The Few, the Proud, the Engineers

#1 - Sept. 26, 2007, 5:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
...many engineers have finally had enough of that BS and gone to different professions now only the most hard core of us still continue on but we shall continue for we are the few, the proud, the engineers...

Nope.

I'm a relatively new engineer (picked it up a few months ago) and enjoy the profession. I'm not hardcore into it, but I have fun with the varous items the profession provides.

:)
#19 - Sept. 26, 2007, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
And for your dedication, flying mounts for engineers only will be available in patch 2.3. There will be normal and epic versions of this mount for you to parade around and show how proud you are to have passed all the exams and call yourself an engineer.
#33 - Sept. 26, 2007, 7:45 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
"Flying mounts" not "flying machines" /cheer finally no more cryptic talk.

If you build it, it will fly ... ok, bad joke, I'm still trying to wake up here.
#60 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:10 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Ooer, I'm not sure Bornakk'll be able to share, but I can't imagine it would take less. A Khorium Destroyer surely is less complex than a flying machine?

What I'm more worried about is the materials. How many nethers, of primal or vortex variety, do you think? I'm hoping several of the former and none of the latter. My case will be based upon the reasonable assertion that an Engineer who's "passed the test" would be hard pressed to afford time or gold to do anything else, such as raid for vortexes.

The specifics of the mounts, such as skill and materials, isn’t finalized yet, but we really want to get this mount/machine/gizmo into the game for engineers to enjoy. Whether it is easy or a challenge, the road to it will begin in 2.3, keep an eye out for when it hits the PTRs. ;-)
#75 - Sept. 26, 2007, 8:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
it would be epic if it required us to purchase a flying chicken/gryphon, dismantle it, and make a cyborg out of it.

/giggle

Or you must created 100 explosive sheep, unleash them all at once and the power of the explosion will fuse them together into the flying explosive sheep and then when that explodes.... er, you probably want to keep the item in the end, so this is off.
#104 - Sept. 26, 2007, 9:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I also heard this rumor that some Gan'arg Analyzers in Blade's Edge Mountains stumbled upon plans of a new Field Repair Bot and are hoarding them for their own purposes. Anybody plan to investigate this in patch 2.3?
#130 - Sept. 26, 2007, 10:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
I appreciate giving out info, but you're going to make WoW players collectively explode from the waiting. I'm serious. Given that Patch 2.3 isnt even on the PTRs yet, anyway.

Also, presumably there's some benefit other than "requires BC mats," like maybe reduced cost depending on a faction or on our skill?

When the 2.3 PTRs come up, we will need some brave adventurers to go searching and find what information these Analyzers are withholding from us. ;-)
#137 - Sept. 26, 2007, 10:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I saw me one uh them new repair bots! I swears it! It wasn't tweren't not only repairin' items, it was hawkin' wares! I never didn't not did not didn't see nothing not like it never in my life!
#149 - Sept. 26, 2007, 10:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I believe Drysc recently ate one of the Gan'arg Analyzers and saw some glimpses of the new plans....
#368 - Sept. 28, 2007, 6:55 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The repair bot will sell all reagents, level 65 arrows and bullets, poison reagents, few types of vials, up to 2 super mana/healing potions, and maybe some scrolls. These are all for sale, with no rep discount, because he’s a robot.
#402 - Sept. 29, 2007, 3:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
As long as the the plans don't require Nether Vortex's or drop in some high end raid with 1% chance to drop, I'll be happy.

A quest would be nice, I'm guessing it will be something like what the Druids have to do to get their epic flight form.

We currently don't plan to require Nether Vortices or a single Nether Vortex for the new Repair Bot or the Flying Mount.