So now that everyone's at the Gold Cap..

#1 - March 25, 2010, 10:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Give it to me.
#52 - March 25, 2010, 11:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Huh... I thought being "unlazy" would include getting out of the chair and cleaning my kitchen... thanks for the hint, I shoulda stayed logged in...

Haha, well played! :D
#74 - March 26, 2010, 12:13 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
The average unlazy player that does their heroic daily, tourny dailies (selling pets), and raids ICC (selling primordials) makes around 10k gold a week, excluding professions. This means every 21.5 weeks unlazy players are hitting the gold cap (provided they aren't altoholics or big spenders). Non-casual unlazy players are liking earning at twice this rate.

Are there any plans to raise the gold cap or add new gold sinks? Gold kind of loses its sparkle when there's nothing to do with it.

I can't help but laugh at the thought that the post was made under the assumption that pretty much everyone is at the gold cap except the few who are lazy. I think most can agree that the lazy people of the world outnumber the "unlazy". So, using the OPs logic, there'd actually be very few people who are at gold cap, or even close.

To answer your question though, increasing the gold cap is a definite possibility for Cataclysm -- though nothing is set in stone yet.