Engineers only

#0 - Sept. 28, 2007, 5:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have been an engineer for so long now that i cant remember when i started but have nearly all schematics available. Like many of you I have thought about dropping it as a profession yet i still feel drawn to it as it still offers things other professions cant.

Can teleport myself , can sheep as a rogue , the googles are imba and i raid ssc tk (hopefully sometime BT)
A lot of engineers complain and moan about it and rightly so but still you gotta love it if you been an engineer as long as me.

All i ask from blizz is a 1 or 2 imba schematics (whatever they may be) that only drop in high end raids.

Oh yeah and we get a plane or something in 2.3 , i will love that <3
#1 - Sept. 28, 2007, 12:20 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Oh yeah and we get a plane or something in 2.3 , i will love that <3

You will indeed be getting a flying mount only available to engineers. So far the news is that It’s a Flying Machine and will only be available as an Epic. You can get the plans at a Trainer and so far we believe the cost is about 500 gold in materials.
#9 - Sept. 28, 2007, 1:57 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Only epic? The US blues said there would be both regular and epic versions...

I noticed that. We will try to see if we can get a clarification on that.

Q u o t e:
The material cost sounds good to me, a little more than regular mounts, but not too much that a casual engineer can't gain it in a reasonable length of time.

As for riding skill... any word on whether we'll need to make the 5000g investment for 300 riding? Considering it'll likely require maxed out Engineering skill to create/use...

I am pretty sure you will still need to invest the 5000g for the riding skill, however I cannot confirm it for certain at this point in time. Again this is something we will try to get a clarification on.
#60 - Oct. 2, 2007, 1:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Just a small update:

There are currently no plans for making Nether Vortices or a single Nether Vortex required for the new Repair Bot or the Engineering Flying Mount.
#61 - Oct. 2, 2007, 1:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
hum... too bad...
confirmed by blue that there is actually no plan for a non epic mount...

source in french:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1016252391&sid=2&pageNo=5

This is correct... For now at least :-)
#116 - Oct. 8, 2007, 2:56 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Q u o t e:
Q u o t e:
hum... too bad...
confirmed by blue that there is actually no plan for a non epic mount...

source in french:
http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1016252391&sid=2&pageNo=5

This is correct... For now at least :-)

Okay, it seems I was wrong about this, so sorry about that... There will be a non-epic and an epic version of the Flying Machine coming. :-)