Trade Chat turned off

#1 - July 20, 2011, 3:46 p.m.
Blizzard Post
After 5 years of playing this game on different servers - I now have the habit of making sure that when I go into a city that Trade Chat is turned off. Why because I finally got so tired of my chat window being over ran with ignorant people spamming Anal and linking Thunderfury (btw guys this is a level 60 weapon we are not impressed that you got it at level 85). The racist and sexist comments are out of control. So I am missing certain things in trade because you wont do anything about this Blizz. I no longer report people by opening a ticket because you do nothing about - guess what I find any and all uses of the N word to be offensive and it is a racist term. Here is an example on one of the servers I play on there is a player who thinks it is funny to use the term freely in trade chat I opened a ticket I got the regular form letter response, next day the same person is in trade doing this again so I opened another ticket got the same form letter I was off for a day when I came back the same person was in trade chat doing the exact same thing opened another ticket got the same form letter back. I myself am a minority race and I am beyond offended by your lack of respect to us - if someone reacted toward one of your employees you would take immediate action but it if it against a player you do nothing.
So I now turn trade chat off so I dont have to see these things as I know you will do nothing about the spamming or the racism. It is sad that your quality service and customer service has lessened over the years - I miss the days when Gms would monitor trade chat.
Will i quit because of this no - but do I recommend this game like I use to no.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#22 - July 21, 2011, 8:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
- I miss the days when Gms would monitor trade chat.

O'really?

Cause that's never EVER happened, ever.

We have the better part of 300 realms in North America alone. 2 distinct factions - multiply that by 24/7 access and I'll let you think on the math of what kind of manpower it would take to JUST 'monitor' trade chat.

That's why reports are important.