Reporting people does it work? Idea inside

#1 - July 20, 2011, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi All,

So we all know we're to police ourselves and we report people via the quick report or opening tickets. We all know we get a standard form letter when we open a ticket which tells us nothing and the next day we see the same people doing the exact same things. Because of this a lot of us feel helpless & that reporting people does nothing. I think the people at Blizzard can agree this isn't a good spot to leave your customers

We also are aware that due to various privacy laws you can't openly share what you've done to any specific person/account. It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to pretend the impossible is possible.

How about what you do instead is release on a say monthly basis a summary of punishments taken against accounts something simple like this: (note I don't know what your punishments are so just improvising)

Monthly Report
Account Bans: ##

This way you could respect privacy of individuals & make it so your players don't feel helpless while being abused/griefed in various ways
#1 - July 20, 2011, 4:17 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hi All,

So we all know we're to police ourselves and we report people via the quick report or opening tickets. We all know we get a standard form letter when we open a ticket which tells us nothing and the next day we see the same people doing the exact same things. Because of this a lot of us feel helpless & that reporting people does nothing. I think the people at Blizzard can agree this isn't a good spot to leave your customers

We also are aware that due to various privacy laws you can't openly share what you've done to any specific person/account. It's unfortunate, but I'm not going to pretend the impossible is possible.

How about what you do instead is release on a say monthly basis a summary of punishments taken against accounts something simple like this: (note I don't know what your punishments are so just improvising)

Monthly Report
Account Bans: ##

This way you could respect privacy of individuals & make it so your players don't feel helpless while being abused/griefed in various ways
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#16 - July 20, 2011, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/20/2011 09:17 AMPosted by Stormheals
We all know we get a standard form letter when we open a ticket which tells us nothing and the next day we see the same people doing the exact same things.
The response a game masters provides you with gives you exactly what you need to know, Stormheals. We investigate and take the appropriate actions.

Bear in mind that depending on the severity of the behavior, a player may received anywhere from a warning up to a 72 hour or even permanent suspension.

Account Penalties
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20221

If you notice that someone you reported continues to be disruptive, by all means re-submit a ticket. If no report is made, we won't know about it and won't be able to take action.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#16 - July 20, 2011, 6:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/20/2011 09:17 AMPosted by Stormheals
We all know we get a standard form letter when we open a ticket which tells us nothing and the next day we see the same people doing the exact same things.
The response a game masters provides you with gives you exactly what you need to know, Stormheals. We investigate and take the appropriate actions.

Bear in mind that depending on the severity of the behavior, a player may received anywhere from a warning up to a 72 hour or even permanent suspension.

Account Penalties
http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/20221

If you notice that someone you reported continues to be disruptive, by all means re-submit a ticket. If no report is made, we won't know about it and won't be able to take action.