[ENG] Engineering Preview - Feedback

#0 - April 10, 2007, 1:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
The engineering preview stats:
http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/thread.html?topicId=93032551&sid=1

Engineering
* A recipe for "Frost Grenades" and the "Icy Blasting Primers" needed to make them are now on engineering trainers.
* Engineering recipes can now be placed in engineering bags, as can engineer made fireworks.
* Many engineering recipes will now give skillups for longer than the previously did.
* "Seaforium" now opens locked chests as well as locked doors
* The Poultryizer and Nigh Invulnerability Belt now cause mishaps less often.
* The Goblin Rocket Launcher cooldown has been reduced significantly.
* 11 new epic goggles have been introduced at 350 engineering skill and are available from the trainer. They range from cloth to plate, and have a variety of stats to appeal to most talent specs.

So here is some initial feedback for blizzard

* A recipe for "Frost Grenades" and the "Icy Blasting Primers" needed to make them are now on engineering trainers.
How useful this is depends entirely on the material costs. Check up how much the materials cost in our Auction Houses. If they cost 1-2g for a 5second effect it is just not going to get used.

* Engineering recipes can now be placed in engineering bags, as can engineer made fireworks.
I'm 375 Engineer so I'll just learn recipes, and I don't use an Eng bag, but a nice little bug fix I suppose.

* Many engineering recipes will now give skillups for longer than the previously did.
An important fix for those that were smart enough to wait. (P.S: can i have my 1500g back?)

* "Seaforium" now opens locked chests as well as locked doors
Cool, thank you. I presume new Seaforium recipe will be added as our current highest one is 275 skill, and costs a fortune in materials. Thorium is very expensive these days.

* The Poultryizer and Nigh Invulnerability Belt now cause mishaps less often.
Nice, wonder how big an improvment this is. I don't have them so not really qualified to comment.

* The Goblin Rocket Launcher cooldown has been reduced significantly.
Hmm, did you mean Casttime? It has a cooldown of 5min, which is fine tbh because I never fire it. It has a 5 second Casttime which is what needs to be reduced. You can give it zero cooldown and I still won't use it. Reduce the Casttime and increase the stun instead, I miss my Goblin Rocket Helment stun.

* 11 new epic goggles have been introduced at 350 engineering skill and are available from the trainer. They range from cloth to plate, and have a variety of stats to appeal to most talent specs
Thanks I suppose, I'm quite happy with the Mail Goblin one atm, but its good to give options to everyone. Will these be upgradeable?

Final Remarks:
(1) Where is the upgradeable epic gun !!!

(2) What are you doing about the material costs of Ammo, Sapper Charges (old and new), etc.

(3) Did ye read ANY of the player posts in the last 3 months?

IF the above changes are the majority of what we are getting then I'll be dropping engineer, which is a pity as I just got the 28 Crit Scope recipe last week :( I want an upgradeable, slow hitting, epic gun!
If there is alot more changes that what is listed above, they ye made a very poor choice is choosing which info to give out.

#12 - April 10, 2007, 12:58 p.m.
Blizzard Post
As previously stated all changes won't come in one patch. More changes will come eventually :)
#13 - April 10, 2007, 1:03 p.m.
Blizzard Post
And in case someone missed Drysc's reply:

I think the more important part of the post you quoted was "over time", this patch doesn't encompass all of the changes coming for engineering.

These changes aren't going to alleviate a lot of the concerns and complaints with engineering in a single patch, we fully understand that and are already planning or implementing more changes for future patches.

Consider it a first step since the launch of the expansion to make overall profession changes. There's at least a few big additions coming in future patches, that I'm aware of, some of which hit specific points made in many of the engineering suggestion threads.