Void Shatter why give it 360 skill?

#0 - April 16, 2008, 1:27 a.m.
Blizzard Post
On my Mage my current enchanting skill is 365, and im too busy with other characters and such to be bothered to skill it up any higher.

Recently i achieved honoured with Shattered Sun on my enchanting character so quite quickly picked up the void shatter recipie and quickly a problem dawned upon me.

"Requires Runed Eternium Rod"

Now its my understanding you need a skill of 375 to craft a Runed Eternium Rod and its bind on pick up.

So why have a recipie that you need 360 skill to learn, but effecively you need 375 skill to even use. i find it annoying because now i have this enchant i cant use and i dont have the time, effort or the will to skill enchanting up to 375 because its wasted enough of my money as it is.
#18 - April 29, 2008, 10:07 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
On my Mage my current enchanting skill is 365, and im too busy with other characters and such to be bothered to skill it up any higher.

Recently i achieved honoured with Shattered Sun on my enchanting character so quite quickly picked up the void shatter recipie and quickly a problem dawned upon me.

"Requires Runed Eternium Rod"

Now its my understanding you need a skill of 375 to craft a Runed Eternium Rod and its bind on pick up.

So why have a recipie that you need 360 skill to learn, but effecively you need 375 skill to even use. i find it annoying because now i have this enchant i cant use and i dont have the time, effort or the will to skill enchanting up to 375 because its wasted enough of my money as it is.

Void Shatter (skill: 360) requiring Runed Eterium Rod (Skill: 375) is a bug that is being fixed in patch 2.4.2.

You can view the patch notes on this subject here: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=3779578450&sid=1#1