Real ID ... IDea - Cross-realm Invites

#1 - Dec. 12, 2010, 8:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
OK i know its possible to chat outside of a dungeon and keep queuing with cross-realm groups once you have been randomed.

Problem: Ever since Random Dungeon queue appeared, there has been little to no friending of good players for further groups because we are on a different realm.

Case in point: typically i refuse to pug heroics because its always packed with scrubs. First boss in BRC is cakewalk so i decided to do that guy atleast. Ended up with a DAMN good tank. But i will probably never see him again (he also commented on my heals) because i cannot friend him.

Suggestion: Real ID should allow you to invite people cross-realms to a group (not a raid, a group) to remedy the hole in the community created by random dungeons. I love the quick-dungeon idea, but i miss the friends you tend to find forming them yourself (and hardly anyone does it the old way nowadays).

Comments?

EDIT: FYI, back in BC when i tanked my friend list was packed with good people. I wanted to do a heroic i got it about as fast as a tank queues in randoms now.
I miss those friends lists.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#55 - July 14, 2011, 6:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please use the main thread to discuss this topic http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/2838414159

This thread was from 2010. :(