Forgotten veterans

#1 - July 7, 2011, 12:14 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Before I took a 1 yr break I played wow for 3 yrs. In 2011 I came back since I heard lv85 was in play.
when I got back I noticed everyone of my (eastern kingdoms,kalimdor) achievments were reset to 0. All my pvp mounts were gone (4) an my mammoth you buy with justice points in dalaran was gone as well(not the repiar mount I still have that. thank gawd). Then I got curious so I started searching an found.
a. Ogrimar fishing ach was gone as well as the IF (iron forge one).
b. Not only was my fishing ach reset but they were reset twice. First time was one of the reasons I stopped playing back in 2009 an of course when I got back in 2011.
I am an achievment fanatic an I do not enjoy having to fly around for hours just to get an achievment I already did (even worse when I have to do it twice an there only worth 10 points). but I want them done so if you respond by telling me "then dont do it" thats your choice an its my money so Ill do what i want.
What made me write my 1st forum was the response I received from a GM. There response an I qoute. GM "Due to legal issues we cannot respond to this small matter". Now I am used to corporate games but, I never expected wow to join in on just telling a customer to blow off.
So basicaly my toon never did any quest from lv1 to 80. My toon also never fished ever , ever in the 3 years I played.
Now, I understand you reset alot of quest and it took alot of time an effort as well as brains to do all the programming. So with all those brains out there working its unfortunate common sense never came into play.
Every veteran (meaning:long term paying customer) didnt just play wow during all these years. We earned our playing time we spent hours, days, years an alot of monthly MONEY to get our toons to where they are now. Then you just come along an delete, reset however you see fit an chuck us away like garbage.
I know nothing will change as long as the ink is black. but, dont say your sorry when it goes red 'cause my ears will go deaf then.
I can go on an list around 15 legit discrepencies but, I wont since I know nothing will change. I just wish wow custoomer service would listen to some ideas an stop reseting stuff on people.
1) example: instead of just making us delete epic gear people earned (since we cant get gold back on them or de them). Why not make a trophy page. Alot of individuals enjoy saving stuff but thats not possible since bag storage is probably the biggest headache in the game.
Basicaly make it like you did with archeology or mount/companion page. The way it is now is everything someone did in a year or two with the game is basicaly worthless. theres no goal no memory of anything. just delete it an move on. Most people will probably disagree with me so Im probably one of the few who is proud of what they've accomplished. So "Im sorry for not wanting to just throw it away like it was nothing"

Anyway could you please stop reseting achievments on people. Im 1/2 way done with this "The Limnologist anThe OceanOgrapher ach". I really do not enjoy going backwards in a game that never shouldve touched something in the first place. I do understand you changed things. but, stop "FORGETTING ABOUT YOUR VETERANS..."
ty for your time.
Kay
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#17 - July 14, 2011, 4:33 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/06/2011 05:14 PMPosted by Kaýnen
What made me write my 1st forum was the response I received from a GM. There response an I qoute. GM "Due to legal issues we cannot respond to this small matter". Now I am used to corporate games but, I never expected wow to join in on just telling a customer to blow off.

They didn't tell you to just go away, Kaýnen, the way you worded your petition it sounded like a Suggestion. Since we are legally unable to accept suggestions from our players you were directed to provide feedback via our forums.

Now much of what you seem to be having an issue with is the removal of many characters with the release of Cataclysm. Though you mention in the petition you mentioned that your achievements keep resetting. Unfortunately, without any coherent information regarding the matter it would be difficult to look into such claimed.

As for mounts, I am unable to find any petitions mentioning the removal of mounts. I do see one that requests we transfer the mounts you had from one character to another, but that is the only mention I can find.

Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#20 - July 14, 2011, 4:42 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/13/2011 09:30 PMPosted by Kaýnen
Kk i bet 5 $ this will be removed in 2 day an 50$ by next monday. Peace

Not removed but I think it would be best to lock this thread now. Feel free to donate the $55 dollars I won to a charity of your choice. :)