Fix the targeting bugs already.

#1 - July 13, 2011, 12:46 a.m.
Blizzard Post
How many more weeks are you going to allow this crippling bug to persist?

If it was a bug that somehow benefited players it'd have been hotfixed immediately yet here we are 3 weeks later without a word on an ETA for a fix for it.

I'm sick of randomly targeting mobs when I try to use an ability or targeting corpses whenever I tab.

As a tank constantly cycling through targets it is beyond frustrating having to put up with this crap.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#16 - July 13, 2011, 2:53 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Our programmers and QA analysts are working on this. There are actually a few unique targeting issues which are all documented and being investigated independently, as they're technically unrelated.

07/12/2011 05:46 PMPosted by Cheesus
If it was a bug that somehow benefited players it'd have been hotfixed immediately yet here we are 3 weeks later without a word on an ETA for a fix for it.

It has very little to do with bug priorities, or our willingness to fix what you think we think isn't a big deal. Each bug entered into the system is a unique case and requires any number of verification methods. The process for properly identifying and addressing a bug is no more or less important depending on the type/severity of the bug.

It's also worth keeping in mind that some bugs can be addressed via a hotfix fairly easily, while others cannot be fixed without releasing a client patch. And no matter how minor the patch, building and releasing it globally is still a major logistical undertaking.

The issue specifically with targeting dead targets will require a client-side patch to address.