The bladestorm change - What it actually does

#0 - March 11, 2010, 11:11 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Yes - another topic about this - this one however, is a thread of what the bladestorm "fix" will do to the most common warrior setups and why this change is a pretty silly one when there's much better places to fix.

First of all - the most common high rated warrior setups are:
TSG
Dbl healer
WLD
WM/healer
Warrior/melee/healer.

TSG: The TSG will most likely be the setup that's most hit by this change - simply because most of thier kills comes from the bladestorm due to the fact that they can chain immunties via AMS/IBF together and create a kill window where they can kill their target.

This new change however, will completly negate this - as you simply have to hit your dismantle/disarm/scorpid string button during thier only burst chance of killing the target and they'll be really !!!#ed.

Example: RMP VS TSG.
The most common tactic here is simply to zerg the priest and kill him by bruteforcing him down - this however, will now be completly changed as the warrior will simply be disarmed during the bladestorm and the priest will be able to survive without much problems - and once the pally runs out of CD's, the TSG will die.

Now, someone will come with the obvious "But TSG should never be able to zerg a warrior like that" Which i'll reply with "But RLS/RPS/RMP should never be able to simply zerg the warrior and make him useless the entire match.

This change means that one of the few burst windows a TSG got now is destroyed - so i'm sure we'll see a lot less of these at higher rating.

Dbl healer.

DBL healer won't suffer that much from this change - it'll be a buff against TSG and other warrior cleaves as thier only chance to kill our priest is during the bladestorm, however, a huge nerf against rmp/rethunter/rls/rps and the like.

Granted, most of the DBL healers kills doesn't come from bladestorming - it is VERY often that bladestorming is the only chance to create this kill window, which will now be destroyed by a single button.
you "can" try to play around this change, however, it'll be nearly impossible as the poor rogue/hunter will simply sit and wait till you pop your "spin n win" button and remove it.

WLD and WM/healer.

These are the least effect by this change - they'll still be !!!#ed against rogue teams as again, most of these setups that don't have a dispell or any way to keep the warrior mobile against heavy CC teams - thier kills will come during the bladestorm window, which will now be aborted by a single click on a disarm button.

However, these setups can actually reliably CC the disarm - thus the "nerf" for these classes are not as big as the others.

Warrior/melee/healer:
This setup will again, suffer a lot from it, as most of thier "kill windows" - is again, doing bladestorm, simply because of the lack of a mobility have against certain heavy CC setup.

This however, will now be ruined by other warriors, rogues and hunters -which is all the MS classes, thus exist in nearly every setup in the game.

Conclusion - overall, this change is really a big nerf for tsg/melee cleaves, a medium nerf for dbl healer and last but not, a "small" if you want it that way (but easily noticable) nerf for WM/healer and WLD.

It's not really a well thought nerf - A better one would be simply by removing UA, reducing our damage output as arms in pvp and increase it in PVE via some talent, like, rend doing more damage on mobs or something like that.

I apologize for gramatical errors and whatnot, and the spelling of course - english is not my native language.

Discuss.

Edit - And as someone said in the thread, but I forgot to mention - this change will simply make the classes that already counter us (spriests, hunters, rogues) stronger against us, while the classes that actually need it (priests, shamans) are still forced to play with one of the above to stand a chance against warriors.

Silly change. really.

And no, i won't play tsg.
#119 - March 11, 2010, 12:53 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Another thread that has derailed into a flamefest, another lock.

Please keep it cool guys, because I hate to ban people just because they "forgot" about the forum rules and failed to keep a civil tone.