Goblins, a Question.

#1 - July 11, 2011, 8:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello everyone on forums reading this. I would like to start off by saying sorry if this was a waste of your time, and this is not a qq about anything just something i had noticed and wondered if there was a reason for it.

During the goblin quests you notice at the beginning we have trolls mining for us, and you are required to gather ore from them later on. near the end of their starting quests you see goblins being enslaved and working as miners. Finally (i may be wrong please correct me if i am) we goblins not almost always made to mine for other races?

With all of that said we have a alchemy boost which is nice, but i am questioning why did blizzard pick us to have a alchemy boost over a mining since i haven't noticed to much of the goblin lore having to deal with herbs, or flasks or potions or any of that.

Thank you for your time :) your friendly wanna be harry potter goblin dobbey :D (yes i know hes an elf but there are no mini elfs so yea...i did my bets :l)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - July 11, 2011, 10:13 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/11/2011 01:21 PMPosted by Døbbey
With all of that said we have a alchemy boost which is nice, but i am questioning why did blizzard pick us to have a alchemy boost over a mining since i haven't noticed to much of the goblin lore having to deal with herbs, or flasks or potions or any of that.

We picked the +15 to Alchemy bonus for goblins because there has always been a strong association between the race and the profession. Not only do goblins have a notable, if not sometimes-deadly penchant for experimentation in World of Warcraft (just take a look at Goblin Rocket Fuel, for example), but there was a Goblin Alchemist unit in Warcraft III, as well as a goblin alchemist building in Warcraft II. So the bonus fits both thematically and in terms of precedence.

Of course, you might feel differently and think that alchemy meshes a little better with another race, or that another profession (like mining) might be better suited for goblins, and that's cool. We're pretty happy with where goblin racials are currently, but we certainly always appreciate your feedback -- be it about something as large as class balance or as specific as how racial bonuses tie in terms of lore. :)