Patch 4.3

#1 - July 9, 2011, 1:56 a.m.
Blizzard Post
When will patch 4.3 come out? What will it be about?
I ask because 4.2 is released a little over 1 week and top tier guilds have cleared normal firelands and 5/7 in heroic mode..
Not to mention, web sites like http://learntoraid.com/ is giving away new content.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - July 9, 2011, 2:09 a.m.
Blizzard Post
When will patch 4.3 come out? What will it be about?
I ask because 4.2 is released a little over 1 week and top tier guilds have cleared normal firelands and 5/7 in heroic mode..

Last time I checked, 50 people in the whole world are working on Heroic Ragnaros. You're good. We'll have PLENTY of information on patch 4.3 in due time. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - July 9, 2011, 2:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/08/2011 07:10 PMPosted by Dafreak
Im pretty sure PUG raids on my server will be downing Fireland bosses in couple of weeks.

Awesome. Best of luck to them!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#33 - July 9, 2011, 2:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Last time I checked, 50 people in the whole world are working on Heroic Ragnaros. You're good. We'll have PLENTY of information on patch 4.3 in due time. ;)

Perhaps can we have each fight unlock like it used to? Like 1-2 fights per week until normal is unlocked and then 1-2 fights per week until heroic is all the way unlocked?

I bet that would really help in slowing people down in their progression.

That's not totally unlike the way we released Icecrown Citadel raid content. Some people like that type of artificial gating, while others hate it.

It really just depends on what we feel makes sense for any given content. In this case, we didn't feel it was necessary to arbitrarily throttle player ability to progress through the Firelands.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#40 - July 9, 2011, 2:29 a.m.
Blizzard Post

If you said normal Rag, I would understand that.. but they're on heroic.. Is it normal for any guilds to beat the content within 1 month? less then 1 month? We're not even into 2 weeks of a new patch and you're going to have the content beat already..

Was there any guild that beat content in 2 weeks, within 1 month during vanilla wow? BC? WoTLK?

I just don't really understand the cause for concern here on the part of the average player. It's Friday, so I feel like throwing out a weird analogy to the movie Good Will Hunting.

Let's say 99.9% of the World of Warcraft playerbase has the general aptitude level of Chuckie Sullivan (Ben Affleck). The five or so guilds that have cleared 5/7 Heroic Firelands are the Will Huntings (Matt Damon) of World of Warcraft. :p
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#49 - July 9, 2011, 2:38 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I think that since we only recieved 7 raid bosses people simply expected a more challenging experience. Maybe they were wrong for that but you really cannot blame them.

The simple fact that the best are almost done with Heroic mode and the rest are averaging over 50% normal mode completion and pugs are seeing 3/7 all within 2 weeks of release is just making people worried.

It just seems like players will be waiting around for 4.3 while they bang their heads against heroic modes that they may or may not even have an interest in.

Speaking personally as a gamer, I guess I just don't share that perspective. If I'm having fun, it's all gravy. I'm not thinking to myself, "wait, am I doing too good? What will I do next week if I'm too successful this week?"

Go play. Have fun. Get loot. You have stuff left to do yet, so there isn't much reason to raise concerns about running out of content now. Venture onward. Impress me. Impress us all. You alone are assigned this feat.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#64 - July 9, 2011, 2:51 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I just hope 4.3 has at least 1 new heroic.

Please?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

07/08/2011 07:45 PMPosted by Federica
Get loot.

Tell that to holy priest, hehehe.

I see what has transpired in this here post.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#77 - July 9, 2011, 3 a.m.
Blizzard Post

Maaaaaaaaaaaaybe.

I see what has transpired in this here post.
My optimism is steadily rising. Keep this up Z and I'm adding you to my friends list on FB.

lol... I'll have my Ignore Request button at the ready. :p
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#95 - July 9, 2011, 3:18 a.m.
Blizzard Post

It really just depends on what we feel makes sense for any given content. In this case, we didn't feel it was necessary to arbitrarily throttle player ability to progress through the Firelands.

I'm just curious but, if you didn't feel you needed to arbitrarily throttle players ability to progress through the firelands, why do we have to do dailies for over half a month to get those rep rewards?

That's a little bit different. There are some great rewards available through the new daily quests which can be obtained purely by doing solo content. So in order to make sure the items aren't too easy to obtain and they don't too quickly flood onto the realms, there has to be a barrier to entry. In the case of daily quests, that means giving players plenty to work towards over a period of time which we can control.

The idea was to give more casual or solo players a chance to continue endgame item progression, but it means the criteria for obtaining those items has to be very different from the way items are obtained via dungeons, raids, or PvP.

Perhaps down the road we'll be able to implement some cool new features which allow casual players unique and interesting ways to obtain loot, beyond just doing daily quests.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#97 - July 9, 2011, 3:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have a feeling that Z is still reading. I also have a feeling that if he/she has any input that at the very least he/she will mention that some of the community (meaning us) would like new heroics rather than revisit some old favorites.

Oh, it's well noted. ;)
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#102 - July 9, 2011, 3:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post

That's not totally unlike the way we released Icecrown Citadel raid content. Some people like that type of artificial gating, while others hate it.

Yes indeed but we just randomly increased some bosses' hp because we felt like doing it, not because we wanted to slow ppl down.
Oh also, we put adds from encounters on 10m with 60% of their hp on 25m just because....we thought it would be lotsa fun.
really?

I like Caesar salads. I'll be the first to admit it. But what I really can't stand is a salad with way too much dressing on it. It really ruins the salad.

Your post is so drenched in frustration and sarcasm that it's really ruining my salad.