Why I cant raid as a Forsaken.

#1 - Nov. 19, 2010, 4:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello,

I'm trying to patch the BETA client. The launcher says it is on version 4.0.3.13316 and the status bar is green, but it says "Applying non-critical updates. This will take some time." Although it seems to be stuck here. If I press the Play button, the client launches, I login, and then it tells me I need to download a patch and restart. I press the button and it just shows download as 0%, then closes the client. The launcher resumes at the "Applying non-critical updates." thing. However, it seems to be stuck here. It seems like it should be in a playable state.

Any help here?

Thanks.
#1 - July 6, 2011, 7:19 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Because their racials are so horrible in a raid environment that I cannot justify it to myself to play as one. They have no useful racials in a raid, fear is no longer a component of boss fights or if it is a tremor totem knocks the whole raid from it.

Underwater breathing sure is great in the underwater raids, I'll give you that. Essentially, if I'm not an Orc>Goblin>Troll then I am wasting the time of others. Please fix the undead to not be so horrible.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#12 - July 6, 2011, 7:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Because their racials are so horrible in a raid environment that I cannot justify it to myself to play as one. They have no useful racials in a raid, fear is no longer a component of boss fights or if it is a tremor totem knocks the whole raid from it.

Underwater breathing sure is great in the underwater raids, I'll give you that. Essentially, if I'm not an Orc>Goblin>Troll then I am wasting the time of others. Please fix the undead to not be so horrible.

Racial traits primarily exist to add flavor to each race, and to a lesser extent, situational advantages in line with the theme of each race. Naturally each one works better in some situations than others.

A player who wishes to can and should raid as Forsaken, or any other race that they enjoy playing. It's extremely unlikely that if a player has proven themselves capable, that a competent raid leader would turn them away based on their character's race. There are, after all, a very healthy number of Forsaken raiders active at this very moment.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#14 - July 6, 2011, 7:32 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/06/2011 12:31 PMPosted by Rorthas
Wow... this thread got a blue post? I'm not sure if I'm sad or fascinated...

It's an easy answer: play what you want to play.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#61 - July 6, 2011, 9:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Its hilarious how two faced they are with optimization and flavor.
Oh wait no its not I'm a disgruntled undead player who has played undead since classic wow and have been nerfed into obscurity.

There are a number of ways to optimize a character outside of racials. I'm not saying that they can't be useful, or that certain racials aren't nice to have in certain circumstances (particularly in PvP) - that would be foolish.

I'm just saying that in general their importance has been over-emphasized. By and large, you can still be effective playing the race you want to play. The assertion that one cannot raid because they choose to play Forsaken is preposterous.