So wait, Firelands trash and AoH rep...

#1 - July 5, 2011, 11:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So I've read that Firelands trash can give up to Honored reputation (Please correct me if I'm wrong), and that some of the trash is soloable. My big, overarching question is this: Is it possible, as a completely lone wolf character, solo enough trash to become close to Honored, or will I have to join a guild group to get it? I'm sorry if this is in an easy-to-read spot and I missed it, but information would be extremely helpful.

--> I would like to solo for rep because I have to wait for no one but myself, and sadly, the people that I know...their pace isn't as fast as I would like.

Thanks in advance!
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#6 - July 6, 2011, 12:01 a.m.
Blizzard Post
If you're soloing Firelands trash, it's for a reason that will be corrected. We've already fixed several situations where this was possible, either by buffing the creatures, increasing the range of their abilities, or removing their loot/greatly reducing the rewards they provide.

Hotfixes: http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/3019413
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#13 - July 6, 2011, 12:21 a.m.
Blizzard Post
07/05/2011 05:06 PMPosted by Nanardor
Instead of making all the mobs drop less loot across the board, could you just make the solo-able mobs drop less while the bigger mobs drop slightly more maybe? I can understand not wanting people to go and get three epics per run. But not even getting one in 3 runs is almost unacceptable. Sure, it is still RNG, but when it goes from being lucky and getting 4 drops to being lucky and getting 1, I see it as a significant nerf and not just a quick fix to discourage soloing.

Most of the changes weren't just due to solo players killing creatures in there, or pug trash runs. Many of the loot tables just had much higher drop percentages than intended.