Cloth gear had the spirit burnt off in FL

#1 - July 4, 2011, 7:26 a.m.
Blizzard Post
I have yet to here any explanation regarding the lack of cloth spirit gear for us priests, when every other armor type has spirit pieces that drop in Firelands. My main concern is we are being forgotten. Its going to take longer to gear a priest than any other healer, and then the issues with heroic mode for those who do them. There are slots that don't even have heroic upgrade. Holy priests depend on spirit for our regen! What was the theory behind all this and to leave us priests out?
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#39 - July 5, 2011, 8:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
07/04/2011 12:26 AMPosted by Lavena
I have yet to here any explanation regarding the lack of cloth spirit gear for us priests, when every other armor type has spirit pieces that drop in Firelands. My main concern is we are being forgotten. Its going to take longer to gear a priest than any other healer, and then the issues with heroic mode for those who do them. There are slots that don't even have heroic upgrade. Holy priests depend on spirit for our regen! What was the theory behind all this and to leave us priests out?

Stat balance on gear should be looked at via much more than just boss loot tables. We consider reputation gear, tailor gear, Valor gear and the tier sets when examining what's available to you. If you wish, you can have Spirit on every slot but your belt (which can still be reforged). The priest tier set has Spirit on all 5 slots.

Having said that, the mindset that only cloth with spirit is priest healer gear (and cloth with no spirit is never priest healer gear) is a mindset to be resisted. If that is allowed to set in, then all the fun of looking at a potential new piece of gear and deciding for yourself whether it is an upgrade for you is removed entirely.

Along those lines, something to keep in mind is that there is more to improving the healing you do in cloth than simply stacking spirit. As you increase spell power, haste, and crit, and your tank increases health, armor and avoidance, boss damage negates less of your mana in the first place.