Level 70 build help..

#0 - Sept. 7, 2006, 12:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello,
was wondering if anyone thinks this is a decent pvp Arms warrior build for post-TBC..

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/burningcrusade/warrior/talents.html?050050213420105003135105053101005000000000000000000000000000000000

Would apreciate positive or negative feedback, give improvements if you can..

On a quick side-note i'd just like to say I think Tac. Mastery should be trainable instead of a talent :/

Cheers
#17 - Sept. 7, 2006, 4:21 p.m.
Blizzard Post
For me it will be one of following two. I simply can't decide which one. I'm giving up a talent I really want in both of them.

http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/burningcrusade/warrior/talents.html?050250203525100000100055000105025011050000000000000000000000000000
http://www.wow-europe.com/en/info/underdev/burningcrusade/warrior/talents.html?050250203525100001100055000105025010000000005000000000000000000000
#22 - Sept. 7, 2006, 4:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I would "choose"... the second! Wonder why?

It's not an easy choice. At least not for me. I'd be doing mainly PvE dps, and I don't really *need* TM for it. A PvP spec would look different, then I couldn't live without TM.
#28 - Sept. 7, 2006, 4:39 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

I do Pve dps with 2handed sword but i need TM as the better crits come from overpower and with that slow weapon, without Tm, beeing in zerk stance 90% of the time i probably won't get rage in time to overpower..

Don't u find for PVe dmg Berserker stance a bit better with the 3% crit? If u do Imp overpower has no sense wihtout TM.

I would not try to overpower in PvE when I got the opportunity. I would just stay in berserker stance. I'd lose some damage, but I am fairly sure (without having done any calculations yet - just going by gut feeling) I would lose even more by not having flurry.

The points in overpower are mianly because I will eventually have a PvP situation no matter fi I want to or not. Additionally, I need to put points in the tree to make it down to Mortal Strike, and I am not that interested in the other talents. Removing them from overpower and putting them into Improved Disciplines is an option I might consider.
#31 - Sept. 7, 2006, 4:41 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

This post proves my point that most of the Blizz warrior Devs have no idea how to play warriors. What kind of IDIOT puts 2 points in improved execute instead of improved Intercept?

It proves that I do mainly PvE which shouldn't be too hard to figure out. Intercept is not that useful in PvE, which I am sure you are aware of. I would say I have a very good idea of how to play a warrior.

And this is the last time you ever call me or another Blizzard employee an idiot, is that understood?
#42 - Sept. 7, 2006, 4:59 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Time spent not hitting the mob is damage lost. Intercept helps you with this in many, many fights.

That said, personally I'd probably get both, or perhaps imp. slam in case they solve the global cooldown issue.

Which are these many, many fights? :) I mean I agree with you, getting to the fight quick is important, but it's not like I don't have the skill at all, I just have a 30s cooldown instead of 20. I would of course not mind having both, but my spec does not allow that, and in a large majority of all boss fights, Improved Execute would result in more damage than Improved Intercept would.

And to the person wanting to discuss warrior - isn't that what we are doing right now? :)
#56 - Sept. 7, 2006, 5:24 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
(to blue) But you are completely ignoring the fact that your PAYING CUSTOMERS in their hundreds, if not thousands, are telling you that moving TM to the prot key is the WRONG move. When something like 95% of the Warriors who post on these boards (both here and in the US) have told you and other blues that the TM move is a major major nerf, and yet the situation is ignored, or warriors are foisted off with glib platitudes that are basically untrue ("warriors at are the top of the food chain in pvp") - what do you expect people to think?

I play a warrior myself most of my active play time, and I, as any other warrior would of course have preferred if TM would have remained in arms tree.

The part that I don't agree with is that you say "players are telling you this is the WRONG move". In order to even be able to have a conversation on the subject, we must agree on that there is no such thing as right or wrong in this situation. There are different opinions. You can not label them as right or wrong. You are however very welcome to present arguments for why you feel the way you do. And I have seen many many warriors presenting very valid arguments, and I can assure you they are all being read and considered.

However, in the end of the day, it is the devs that decide in what direction they want to take the class. You may of course choose to not agree with their views, but I will not agree with saying an opinion is wrong.
#60 - Sept. 7, 2006, 5:28 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
CREZAX:
So you basically want flurry without beeing able to switch to battlestance to procc it with overpower.

You "chose" an end game dps build without TM?

yepp, warriors are blessed with skilled CMs...

Yes, I will have Flurry running very often without overpower. Frankly, I think that if your normal crit chance is so low that you have to rely on overpower to trigger it, you'd be wasting those talent points.

None of the CMs are assigned to a specific class, so I am unfortunately not a warrior CM. I am glad to hear you think I am skilled though :) I've always had a soft spot for flattery.
#65 - Sept. 7, 2006, 5:37 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Basically, any fight where you either need/want to stun targets or fight multiple mobs that are being tanked in different locations, or simply happen to feared/stunnet/rooted/snared away from your target. As you may understand, the list is too big to mention here. :)

I will take your word for it :)

Q u o t e:
4/5 Iron Will and 1/1 Anger Management instead of 5/5 Iron Will. This is because AM generates 20 rage a minute which is just as much as Improved Berserker Rage does, which is worth more than 3% stun/charm resistance.

I could possibly agree with this one, will definitely consider it at least.

Q u o t e:
Improved Heroic Strike over 5/5 Deflection might also be worth it for a dps spec, but until we know exactly how much bonus damage it will do against dazed targets, it's hard to say. Full deflection isn't that great for a PvE dps warrior.

I am going by the game as it looks today, and as very few bosses can be dazed, I am not that interested in that bonus, it might change in the expansion though, we will see. As I am doing fairly high damage as it is, I am not able to use Heroic Strike that often since I will pull aggro. In fact, it is very doable to pull aggro even without Heroic Strike at all, and it's for those cases I picked Deflection.

Q u o t e:
4/5 Imp. Battle Shout and 2/2 Imp. Intercept will probably benefit you more than an extra 7-10 attack power or such would do. This is assuming you use intercept often, both for the stun and for getting into melee. This way you can also keep 2/2 Imp. Execute.

I don't agree with you here. I feel the additional attack power will generate a lot more damage on bosses than 10 second faster Intercept would.
#112 - Sept. 8, 2006, 9:45 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Crezax:

have you ever played serius PvP with a warrior?
beacaus you can not do that without minimum 2/5 TM (even thou i prefere more).

i know you maby cant make the dev change their minds, but maby you could atleast do something, beacaus i feel that my warrior is geting more and more nerfed. and i do not think Blizzard gives me the anser exactly WHY they do it. for PvP warrior TM is not a Choice, its vital!

i feel that being forced in to a prot spec without geting answers just suckk, and that is a reason i rerolled to a warlock (and i always wanted to try 1). warriors to me, is all abuout being good in 1vs1 combat (all combat overall) but atm we just suck in 1 vs 1. with a healer we can be good, but not all warriors have a priest hidden in their pocket.

if maby you could somehow tell the devs. how we warriors feel i would be gratefull, beacaus i feel ignored.

Yes, I have done a fair bit of PvP. I wouldn't say I'm a super hardcore PvPer, but I made it to rank 11 and exalted in all BGs at least. And if I went for a PvP build, it would be a much easier choice. I would definitely get TM, as I think it's suicide to even attempt to PvP without it. I'd get rid of flurry without hesitating for a second. I do more than enough damage as it is in PvP, I don't need more. What I would need to perform better in PvP is something that prevents people from kiting me, but that's not really related to this.

And we are most definately letting the developers know how you feel.

Edit: Spelling ;)
#120 - Sept. 8, 2006, 10:41 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
Hi Crezax! Thanks for stopping by :)

I only have 1 question for you, actually. Hope you find the time to reply.

Now, I have looked at your builds and you confirmed mine and many other peoples grievances:

In your two builds combined, you have put a total of 1! in the new talents. Doesn't that prove that it has failed, from a PvE perspective?

I wouldn't say that proves anything has failed. It proves that I don't really know what fighting in BC will be like. Due to scaling skills and all that, it could be that the end tier talents for fury are really good for PvE damage, even better than the ones I picked so far.

It could also be interesting to try out a build with Endless Rage. Would be a little like a rogue. Once we have that cooldown, we can basically pick a guy and kill him (or at least severely hurt him :P). Like a flag carrier in WSG where you just want really quick burst damage.

That's not the kind of play style I have at the moment though, so I won't go for it, but I will try it out in the future for sure.

Then there's of course the small posibility of my theorycrafting gone wrong, but that's highly unlikely!