Berserker stance how-to?

#0 - Nov. 21, 2006, 10:23 a.m.
Blizzard Post
all,

I am closing to lvl 60 (disregard my avatar... I am level 59 ATM), and I have been mostly dedicated to tanking during all these levels. The first few levels I was Arms (I did not know what I was doing), then respecced to prot to level in dungeons from lvl 20-40, and finally, following advice from some friends, respecced to a 'fury tanking' build (5/31/15).

I have no trouble keeping aggro and tanking in instances (plus I enjoy it), and the fury build allows me to DW and do a semi-decent DPS when I have to solo.

However, I am still about clueless about how to play the fury role. I am still uncomfortable with the Berserker stance. I know it's +3% crit and, I heard that it is -20% threat. However, there are very few usable skills in zerker stance that I can use to solo oponents. Correct me if i am wrong:

- HS: OK, but slow (it's not 'instant', it's on next swing').
- whirlwind: useful only against 2+ opponents. Hence, not good against single opponents.
- intercept: well, useful to jump from one opponent to the other, but costs a lot of rage IMO. Plus, you may have no rage remaining after you execute.
- sunder armor: yeah, well, adds some extra DPS via armor reduction. It's a no-no if you are on a non-tanking role in a party.
- pummel: very good against casters.
- berserker rage: OK, but has a cooldown
- death wish: 'rogue-mode' (more DPS, more damage taken). OK, but has a cooldown.
- execute: excellent, but usable only at the end of combat.

What I find out is that, when going fury DPS, all I have to 'click' is DW, Berserker rage (if available), and then spam HS. Use execute to finish the fight 5 secs earlier, but lose all the rage you could use on the next mob. Overall, I find that DW fury fighting is a bit dull and boring. I miss 'usable' abilities that you get in other stances, like overpower or rend.

There must be another way to play warrior in berserker stance that I don't know of, or a combination of skills that I am yet unaware of. Any tips are welcome :)
#7 - Nov. 21, 2006, 2:12 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:

Hehehe, I hate to break it to ya.... it could have been an interresting discussion.
W-a-r-r-i-o-r is not the same as W-a-r-l-o-c-k :P
You are in the wrong forum mate... gl though :D

Hahaha... Accidents can happen to everybody :-)