Some data is up i guess....

#1 - July 2, 2011, 6:08 p.m.
Blizzard Post
looks like data is comming up lil by lil i dono if its a mistake but with out proper field values most is missing .
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#9 - July 3, 2011, 10:27 p.m.
Blizzard Post
There is a large list of known issues and caveats with the data provided, but we were all in favor of doing a dark launch last week. I'll be posting the official documentation, release notes and a number of forum posts about the API on Tuesday.

If you really can't wait that long, you can get a preview of what our documentation will look like by visiting the public documentation repository on GitHub: http://github.com/blizzard . The caveat is that there are some changes and edits that have not been pushed yet, so please don't provide feedback or comments until the documentation is official up.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#11 - July 4, 2011, 12:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
What most people are looking for is actually at https://github.com/Blizzard/api-wow-docs/tree/gh-pages , a few changes have been made since then but it is less hassle than dealing with the other branch.

I hope registering actually gives you significantly more than 3,000 requests per day.

I went ahead and pasted up the newer version at http://pastehtml.com/view/az93jbqsw.html

I cringe at the sight of the older documentation. There are a few bits that were not pushed up to GitHub on Friday. Again, please be aware that what is in that repos is not the final documentation that will be made public.

As for the 3,000 requests per day number, that is something we will be looking at and really taking feedback on during the initial release. I'm sure we'll get more comments and feedback, but some of the engineers that worked on the wowarmory.com website feel that the number needs to be a lot higher. I'll be much more comfortable making that number larger once we get more hardware in place for the API services and the wowarmory.com site is gone.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#16 - July 4, 2011, 4:06 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A 3,000/day limit is extremely small. With the current XML feeds I can do one request every two seconds, so around 43,200/day. I hope once registration is in place the number is significantly increased from 3,000.

Also could you consider adding achievements to the data API?

The limits number is going to be tweaked as we determine what the right number is for the community.

We do plan on pushing out API resources for both character and guild achievement data, but it isn't implemented yet.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#24 - July 4, 2011, 7:42 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It looks great so far, although I'm hoping the issues I ran into will be resolved in the Tuesday release and I won't have to wait longer. Here's hoping! Anyhow just in case any of these things aren't already on the list to fix, these are the issues I ran into adapting my site code to work with the new API:

• One of the professions is missing (already mentioned in this thread)

• No pet talents

• Pets are listed by a creature ID. I'm not sure if that's a family ID, a model ID or what, but it's the family ID I'll need, and I hope there's going to be a list of them and what they map to somewhere

It's also be nice if I could get a list of glyph to id mappings, but I can sort that out myself if necessary or continue to parse by the name.

If I query one of the foreign language armories, like TW or KR, will things like the glyph names still come across as the English versions (or will that be an option at least) or will I need to go by the ID in order to map it to the correct glyph?

I do hope the register option will allow us a higher amount of queries, looking at my logs from my site, I'm definitely doing over 3k armory queries a day.

Yep, just hang tight until tomorrow when I can get back to my desk to post the known issues list and other related posts.