RELEVANT - Class Review

#0 - Dec. 4, 2007, 5:58 a.m.
Blizzard Post
    EDIT: Blizz does not seem to reply to this post, parhaps since they don't have an answer, so lets give
    blizz a chanse to show that they care. all post /sticky and let them show their concern by stickying it for us.

-------------------------
I think we all have to calm down in our whining, It is clear that we are upset, and I hope Blizzard have noticed, althought the latest blue we had in the warrior forums was a comment on a good name for warriors ^^.. <3 I keep my hopes up that soon, our saviour will arrive and actually respond on a thread.
----------------------------------------------------------

I, in a desperate attempt have therefore tried to be serious and as unwhiny as I can. (please keep whine out of this thread, and I hope that other classes but warriors can stay out of this thread. Feel free to instead make a "Warriors are OP thread your selves"

First. I want to give a lot of credit to Schwick for his suggestion thread, but I think it is a bit to broad and have some wishes that are not resonable. Also some of the suggestions are debated and everyone does not come to an agreement. I have tried to bring together instead just a few "small" changes, that I hope all Warriors can agree on, and that would not change our class to be something overpowered "needing yet another nerf" or different. I hope theese changes that I see could be implimented w/out a major patch will instead make us a more balanced class, that is not as "whinable"

Any suggestions by you are appreciated (if they are serious).
Excuse some of my spelling [It is not my native language]

---------------------------------------------------------

Lets first agree on two things:
1. We are not getting a CC the way rogues or mages have, It isnt warrior like.. and will probably never be added.
2. We are not getting an Iceblock/Vanish or Heal - It just isnt warrior like... and will probably never be added.

--------------------- Here we go ----------------------

- Shouts
  • Make it possible for warriors to selfbuff with shouts after ressing in BG
    (I dont think any one see the point in why we can't, an explanation atleast would be nice)
    Lets make them 5 minuits shall we? - We are ragestarved as it is.

- Pummel
  • Remove Pummel of GCD - Since the game does experience latency, and the warrior class differenty from casters can't choose to cancel casting a "MS/WW etc, to instead use silence. Mages silence is off GCD, why can't ours?

- Rend
  • Suggestions have been made to make the damage of rend scale with stats, and making improved rend improve all
    bleed effects warriors have, under this topic we can also mention that making Deep wounds stack "would not be bad"
    (Any good suggestions are welcome)

- Outdated stances
  • 10% taken damage is way to much at the moment in exchange for only 3% crit. "It used to be a good tradeoff a stance
    we choose to enter for its advantage, now we basically have to enter it only since we need intercept/ww/pummel.
    Please fix the stance specifications. (Any good suggestions are welcome)

Q u o t e:
    Killernos sugested: 5% crit 5% dmg taken extra
    Thorgrem sugested: 10% "melee" dmg taken extra

- Health
  • Warriors health are about the same as any other class, Since we are a class w/o damage mitigation the same way
    other classes have "via heals/bubbles or Iceblock/stealth" we should as pre TBC have higher health than other classes.
    (Any good suggestion to solve this is welcome)

- Charge/Intercept
  • We can still not "charge" around obsticles in arenas, if they are in range if we know where they are, we should be able to charge.
    Some are concerned with the range wanting it as long as casters since "we are not able to charge warlocks/mages etc in Arenastart.
(some find this fine, should it be removed from list?)

- GCD
  • A lot of complaints have been made about the new GCD making it very hard for any melee to hit targets with latency. And some have noticed
    abuse of latency in arena to prevent melees.

- Rooting
  • Warriors are the weakest class against all rooting effects - Parhaps adding a skill with higher rooting resistance would improve the gameplay in general,
    Or giving gnomes a new Racial and give Escape Artist(or a similar skill) to all warriors as trainable.

- Improved Mortal Strike
  • 1. Making mortalstrike trainable for all, is not a good idea. It would lead to a nerf, and would instead of making all specc Arms, go for Fury.
    Mortalstrike with slow weapon is about the only reason why we spec arms.
    2. The talent Improved Mortal strike is utterly worthless, and As anyone can see, no one uses it. This leads to that no one uses endless rage.
    This leads to that MSwarriors whine about beeing ragestarved. [Parhaps speccing endless rage would solve the rageproblem, so parhaps putting the skill sooner in the tree/or making it viable to specc so high in the tree, would be what we warriors need to be happy]
    (Any Good suggestion is welcome)
    Q u o t e:
    Decimus suggested "fake TBC skills to fix this" : http://bohicagaming.com/forums/mydir/members/TheMainMan/warriortalents.jpg

- Rage Starvation
  • At the moment Warriors feel ragestarved. Especially when meeting a "bubbled target".
    The comunity would like to gain rage when hitting targets using damagereducing bubbles,
    since at the moment we have to spamster untill the bubble is gone, making us utterly worthless.
    Killernos sugested:
    Q u o t e:
    Give rage when hitting shielded targets, but maybe only 50% of what the attack normally would do

Hakon:
    Q u o t e:
    suggested the link by Athilla: http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread.html?topicId=1829363263&sid=1

And Argonan suggested:
    Q u o t e:
    making Death Wish trainable, and put Endless Rage at 21 points in Arms )and maybe nerf it to 15% more rage).

--------------------------------------------------------------

I am aware that most of theese changes are changes for our class in PVP situations, but this is becouse it is here I think we lack the most, and is where classes really are compaired against each other. There are ofc other changes that I see many are concerned about, such as agility on high
end plate gear, and bosses beeing very melee unfriendly, But I think this can be posted in the suggestionforums as more of a general "melee question". (Also the fact that fury scales bad both in raids and in PVP) - I my self am not fury, but if anyone have any "good" suggestions concerning this, please give them in this thread aswell, Lets keep this QQ free and parhaps the blues will reason with us.
#179 - Dec. 21, 2007, 2:18 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Q u o t e:
all post /sticky and let them show their concern by stickying it for us.

Gratz.