BIG PROBLEM WITH NEW DAILY CONTENT

#1 - June 29, 2011, 7:38 p.m.
Blizzard Post

I and apparently many others cannot access it.

Like many others, when I decided to return to the game with Cataclysm, I chose a quest hub. I was told that it made absolutely no difference. I chose Vashj'ir. I completed every quest I could find in there and in doing so went from 80 to 84. In fact I was midway between 84 and 85 when I moved on from Vashj'ir to Uldum. I went to Uldum because I was told I would enjoy it, and I did. I think there was too much content under water and not enough in the desert, but that's neither here nor there.

Long story short I moved on and completed questing in Twilight Highlands next. After that I attempted to go to Hyjal but couldn't find any quests. I asked around got the typical nonsense answers from many people but was never able to get very far in the zone. I eventually gave up and started just doing battlegrounds and older daily quests, and Tol Barad.

I, again like many others, had no idea that Mount Hyjal was "MANDATORY CONTENT." I think it would have been a good idea that at login time to state, "MOUNT HYJAL QUESTING IS MANDATORY CONTENT IN ORDER TO ACCESS 4.2 PATCH CONTENT." That would have alerted me to push for a resolution to my problem. Instead I was told over and over for months that I was in 4.1.

Now I find that not only am I blocked from accessing the new content (for reasons I consider poor judgement, and irresponsible use of phasing), but I still cannot even go back and access the older Hyjal content.

Flying all over Hyjal I found one single exclamation mark and had to go digging for that one. I.e. the one with Kristoff trapped in a cave. Even so, while I can get him out of the cave, the game will not allow me to complete the quest. There is a question mark on my minimap, but no sign of anyone to turn it into. Just annoying ware wolves beating on me.

I have spoken to several other people experiencing similar problems in game. I have seen people report the problem in the forums, and I have turned in a GM ticket.

The response to my ticket describing the above was a very innocuous boilerplate concerning Blizzard not commenting on issues concerning other players. It was a classic, "Huh?" moment for me.

I restated the problem as concisely as possible and got the same boilerplate back, and a survey.

So something is wrong and I don't think anyone is really acknowledging it.

Yes I have low level quest monitoring turned on.
Yes I've checked the Hero's Call Board, this is where I pick up the bread crumb quest, nothing else appears there.

Do not suggest that players should have known by reading the forums because I submit that most players do not, by far, frequent these forums. They are generally not a happy and friendly place. I only check to see if there are resolutions to my problems and only mention a problem if there is no resolution. I have very few problems that I cannot resolve, or eventually ignore, however this is a big one.

Other users have commented that it was some kind of punishment and I know that's silly, that Blizzard did not seek to punish anyone, but still, the exclusion from content and the subsequent silence about it does feel bad.

Assistance on this matter would be greatly appreciated.

Let the insults and mud slinging begin.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#18 - June 29, 2011, 7:48 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Please don't post thread titles in all caps.