RAF to 80 is pretty lame.

#1 - June 25, 2011, 6:20 a.m.
Blizzard Post
From personal experience RAF is really OP. You can level 3x faster than a normal person, if you fall behind your friend can grant you levels, and you get other bonuses such as a flying/normal mount that's a 2 seater. That was only up til level 60 though which I felt was pretty fair because getting through the first 60 levels isn't really that tough anyway and 60-80 were a bit tougher.

But now it's going up to level 80? That's really bad. My friends that had it together (and they are no leveling geniuses) got to level 60 within 3-5 hours. Now being able to use this ability through 80 I would estimate that they would get from 1-80 in about 7-9 hours, and then afterwards 80-85 takes about 5-7 hours. A total of less than a day of play time and you have a brand new end game character.

There are far too many things that increase leveling for this to happen. Guild perks, heirlooms, and that one inscription item just to name a few. Even worse these stack. Imagine a fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild having this.

You're nearly killing the leveling system that you worked to improve on with people that have this. Putting new people into the game that can get to 85 within a day will really put them into a shock when they get into endgame content where they find out stuff gets hard which will just result in a worse player base for new players who enter the game. You're really not doing any favors for yourself raising the cap for RAF to 80, or the players.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#9 - June 29, 2011, 12:02 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/24/2011 11:20 PMPosted by Vwaloram
But now it's going up to level 80? That's really bad. My friends that had it together (and they are no leveling geniuses) got to level 60 within 3-5 hours.

Even with RAF there's just no way that's anywhere near accurate. Maybe 35 hours. But not 3-5.

Imagine a fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild having this.

You're nearly killing the leveling system that you worked to improve on with people that have this.

Yes, imagine it. A fully heirloomed character in a level 25 guild has probably seen the leveling experience, a few times. We improved 1-60 for new players, people who haven't played the game or just didn't enjoy the original leveling quests. It wasn't to make people with four 85's slow down to get another alt up. Why should we make them go slower? Getting peoples alts up to max level quicker is what the vast majority of players want.

If you don't, don't use RAF, don't use heirlooms, etc. But if you do, we like that there are ways to help you get there quicker.