Status on the API?

#1 - June 27, 2011, 7:36 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I haven't seen much in the way of updates in this forum for over a week. Have the guild/character/etc api's been updated/released yet? I've been putting off an overhaul of my guild's website for quite some time now, I'm anxious for this API to be fully released so I can get crackin' on it.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#3 - June 27, 2011, 11:07 p.m.
Blizzard Post
The API resources to be released have been finalized and we are working through one last character achievements bug before it is to be made public. We've also got most of the documentation for it complete as well, although I'm hesitant to make the documentation public before the API resources.
Forum Avatar
Web & Mobile Team
#6 - June 28, 2011, 4:04 a.m.
Blizzard Post
06/27/2011 07:46 PMPosted by Josephf
Can somebody explain to me what these API's are? What do they do exactly?

I'll quote the soon-to-be-released documentation.

The Blizzard Community Platform API provides a number of resources for developers and Wow enthusiasts to gather data about their characters, guilds and arena teams. This documentation is primarily for developers and third parties.

Blizzard's epic gaming experiences often take place in game, but can lead to rewarding and lasting experiences out of game as well. Through exposing key sets of data, we can enable the community to create extended communities to continue that epic experience.