Almost not a another Hunter thread.

#1 - June 27, 2011, 4:35 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This may become a long post as I have done some research for this thread. It will contain 2 completely different subjects that may seem unrelated at first but you will understand by the end of this thread.

First subject:

Forum Mods, as I understand your job to be, it is to be a leison between the gaming community and the development team. An unrelated but more difficult job is to sway between the more intelligent posts and those of the trolling kind. I want to discuss the first priority of your position. A position that can be difficult in any kind of “ambassador” position. The difficulty with dealing with both parties can be over wealming and I can't thank you enough for you outstanding job.

Saying that, I do have some concerns whereas a player, I feel you are neglecting us on some basic levels. I also have no clue how much information you actually take to the development team, so only seeing half your job, I have a hard time being critical on that which I have no knowledge of.

I did some extensive research on your feedback to the community concerning classes and class balances. I took this information from MMO Champions “Blue Tracker” from today's date to 7 December 2010 (launch of Cata). These are my finding (I did not include any class questions from the “Ask the Devs”).

Pally questions answered: 11
Lock questions answered: 5
DK questions answered: 4
Warrior questions answered: 5
Druid questions answered: 7
Hunter questions answered: 2
Priest questions answered: 6
Shammy questions answered: 3
Rogue questions answered: 4
Mage questions answered: 6

That's a total of 53 direct questions answered about Class balances and issues that were answered from you. I did not include the “Ask the Dev” answers do to the fact that those come directly from the Development team. That's about 8 questions answered a month, and for me I would like to see more. I remember back in wrath, that each week we would get a “Class Spotlight” from the Development Team that would discuss where each Class is headed, and how the Development Team feels about each class. I miss those, because as a player I could get some very valuable incite about my Class.

Now we will discuss my second point, and you may see where I am headed with this in a moment. I play a Hunter, she is my only level 85, and the only Class I have ever played at max level in any expansion. I do have a level 60something Mage that I have played off and on for about 3 years, but she does not count as anything but a hideout toon, to escape the Guild Leader responsibility I have.

Now, you have answered 2 questions for the Hunter community in over 7 months, and we would like a little feed back. Some easy questions that we have, with some feel good answers that would satisfy us.

#1. Is the Development Team aware of our short coming in the Arena and Rated Battleground theaters?
Feel good answer: Yes, they are aware and they are working diligently to come up with a solution that will help the Hunter community without making the end game PVP Hunters to OP.

#2. Is the Development Team aware of the following bugs/problems:
SV spec scaling with end content gear, Trap launcher needing a macro to use, Multi Shot needing a macro to use, Pet pathing, Focus re generation in Arena, KC/MC being to dependent on being close when as a hunter we want to stay max distance, Tier 12; 2 piece and 4 piece working against each other, having to use 2 different CC's to make on CC stick for only 8 seconds (4 second execution, and many more problems.
Feel good answer: Yes, they are aware and they are working diligently to come up with a solution that will help the Hunter community.

#3. First, thanks for the Pet updates, and new tamable pets, but we as a community would rather have some of the problems listed above fixed, before you start giving us new stuff.
Feel good answer: Your welcome, and yes, we are trying to help, please be patient.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#29 - June 27, 2011, 10:47 p.m.
Blizzard Post
This thread is doing well, thus far.

We do read everything, so it's worth noting that the number of threads in which a CM responds directly is not a very meaningful measurement. This thread, for example, doesn't become more useful if I move it to the hunter forum, or if I quote the OP, or if I make a convincing argument that it is useful.

I really hope this particular discussion carries on.