Beginning to Hate VP

#1 - June 24, 2011, 3:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I'm really not looking forward to VP and heroics again. I really don't want to play that part of endgame every single tier. I really, really, really, desire sufficient VP to be source from raids or all gear to be available in raids (i.e. no tier pieces for VP).

I'm against VP grind for gear after the entry tier of raiding, we should not be rewarded with current tier raiding gear for grinding 5 man content. It disassociates progression and challenge from the gear reward.

This request is going to fall on deaf ears. I can promise one thing at least from this. I will not use the LFD tool without an entire group of 5 players from my guild or other raiding guilds on my server.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#50 - June 24, 2011, 7:06 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/24/2011 08:23 AMPosted by Korghal
Didn't Fireland VP get buffed recently so that 25m raids give 980 (the cap) for a full clear, while 10m give around 850 or so? MMO-champion is still down so I can not search for the post there.

How about searching for the post on our site which they were quoting? In this case it's in the patch notes. :p

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/blog/2723732

• The maximum number of Valor Points which can be earned in a week from any and all applicable dungeons and raids is now 980, down from 1250.

• The maximum number of Valor Points awarded for completing Rise of the Zandalari dungeons remains at 980.
    • The maximum number of Valor Points awarded for completing Heroic dungeons remains at 490.
    • The number of Valor Points awarded for killing a boss in the Firelands is 120 in 10-player mode, and 140 in 25-player mode.
    • The number of Valor Points awarded for killing Occu'thar in Baradin Hold is 120 in 10-player mode, and 140 in 25-player mode.
    • The number of Valor Points awarded for killing a boss on Heroic difficulty in The Bastion of Twilight, Blackwing Descent, and Throne of the Four winds is 35 in 10-player mode, and 45 in 25-player mode.