Unable to loot mob, can I still get the item?

#1 - June 23, 2011, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello,

My name is ........Maleich..... and I got screwed not once not twice not three times but for times.

So to explain. I haven't play wow for a long time and am learning all that is wow from very nice in - game individuals + they have given me gold and mats. I recent starting collecting mount do to the fact that i like them and want to have them all. When a recent patch came out with the stoned drakes i wanted one so bad and tired all avenue to get one. I was told you can find on in the new quest area and i guess he flys around and he/she is purple. I looked into flyed around for two months day in and day out trying to find on and finally someone told me that he has a global cool down and that people Camp like crazy to get one. Which i was sad and stoped because i know there is alot more deadicated people then me.

Some time went by i stoped playing for a while due to my changer breaking 3 times.
I recently got a card to active my accont until Aug 29 2011. i start palying agian and played with my friends and so on. Well the same day i came back i went to that place to get an axe someone told me about and i found out i had it already but as soon as i was there the Drake flew above me and i flew after it. When i jump and and started attack him and after awhile killing him and floating down to get my prize <INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE REMOVED> 85 while geared horde guy was watching flew down in his cool looking drake and a killed me as soon as i got down. This repeated two more times and i tired everthing to get it. It was pissing me off I was calling my friends on the phone to try and get them to help and they tried to get on to help me. As soon as i tried to get back to the drakes died body to collect the item mount to show off to all those people in my guild. My computer shut down and wouldn't start until an hour later. When i just got sick of it and revived myself at the nearest resurrection place i flew there thinking it would still be there but it was gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would someone be so kind as to give me some information on what to do.

All my friends tell me to call queits but i can't belive i got noobed out of a drake. I keep thinking that horde guy might have been there a while and that because i got it and he didnt he was going to kill me or something.
And for you <INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE REMOVED> am sorry for the spelling too.
#1 - June 23, 2011, 8:29 p.m.
Blizzard Post
Hello,

My name is ........Maleich..... and I got screwed not once not twice not three times but for times.

So to explain. I haven't play wow for a long time and am learning all that is wow from very nice in - game individuals + they have given me gold and mats. I recent starting collecting mount do to the fact that i like them and want to have them all. When a recent patch came out with the stoned drakes i wanted one so bad and tired all avenue to get one. I was told you can find on in the new quest area and i guess he flys around and he/she is purple. I looked into flyed around for two months day in and day out trying to find on and finally someone told me that he has a global cool down and that people Camp like crazy to get one. Which i was sad and stoped because i know there is alot more deadicated people then me.

Some time went by i stoped playing for a while due to my changer breaking 3 times.
I recently got a card to active my accont until Aug 29 2011. i start palying agian and played with my friends and so on. Well the same day i came back i went to that place to get an axe someone told me about and i found out i had it already but as soon as i was there the Drake flew above me and i flew after it. When i jump and and started attack him and after awhile killing him and floating down to get my prize <INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE REMOVED> 85 while geared horde guy was watching flew down in his cool looking drake and a killed me as soon as i got down. This repeated two more times and i tired everthing to get it. It was pissing me off I was calling my friends on the phone to try and get them to help and they tried to get on to help me. As soon as i tried to get back to the drakes died body to collect the item mount to show off to all those people in my guild. My computer shut down and wouldn't start until an hour later. When i just got sick of it and revived myself at the nearest resurrection place i flew there thinking it would still be there but it was gone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! what do i do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Would someone be so kind as to give me some information on what to do.

All my friends tell me to call queits but i can't belive i got noobed out of a drake. I keep thinking that horde guy might have been there a while and that because i got it and he didnt he was going to kill me or something.
And for you <INAPPROPRIATE LANGUAGE REMOVED> am sorry for the spelling too.
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#57 - June 24, 2011, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A more constructive look however: maybe you can appeal to a GM, and if they are in a good mood they might decide to do something. Huge might, but you never know.

The mood of the Game Master is entirely irrelevant. Either we are able to assist or we are not, it isn't an arbitrary decision based on how someone may feel at a particular moment. >.<

I couldn't help it. Trolls attract other trolls. The OP is quite obviously a troll. If you couldn't figure that out by what happened to him or the illogical way he wrote his rant, then I applaud him for tricking you.

This just goes to show...some trolls actually do have some intelligence. They just can't write English well (except me, of course...)

Well no, while some statements may be suspect, Athenia, the OP is not "obviously" a troll. You are welcome to assume so but the question on what to do in such a situation is still valid and should be answered. If you do not wish to provide assistance based on the information at hand, don't, but do not contribute to what you already assume is trolling by adding more. :)

As some of the others advised, if you killed a rare mob but were unable to loot it for some reason you may submit an in-game petition to see if that loot can be retrieved. Make sure to include the name of the mob you killed and the approximate time that this may have occured. That will aid our Support staff in hopefully verifying the kill and while no restoration can be guaranteed they will do what they can to see if they can help.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/19775

You can also submit a ticket using the Support site: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit
Forum Avatar
Support Forum Agent
#57 - June 24, 2011, 12:12 a.m.
Blizzard Post
A more constructive look however: maybe you can appeal to a GM, and if they are in a good mood they might decide to do something. Huge might, but you never know.

The mood of the Game Master is entirely irrelevant. Either we are able to assist or we are not, it isn't an arbitrary decision based on how someone may feel at a particular moment. >.<

I couldn't help it. Trolls attract other trolls. The OP is quite obviously a troll. If you couldn't figure that out by what happened to him or the illogical way he wrote his rant, then I applaud him for tricking you.

This just goes to show...some trolls actually do have some intelligence. They just can't write English well (except me, of course...)

Well no, while some statements may be suspect, Athenia, the OP is not "obviously" a troll. You are welcome to assume so but the question on what to do in such a situation is still valid and should be answered. If you do not wish to provide assistance based on the information at hand, don't, but do not contribute to what you already assume is trolling by adding more. :)

As some of the others advised, if you killed a rare mob but were unable to loot it for some reason you may submit an in-game petition to see if that loot can be retrieved. Make sure to include the name of the mob you killed and the approximate time that this may have occured. That will aid our Support staff in hopefully verifying the kill and while no restoration can be guaranteed they will do what they can to see if they can help.

http://us.blizzard.com/support/article/19775

You can also submit a ticket using the Support site: https://us.battle.net/support/en/ticket/submit