Things you shouldn't say today

#0 - July 11, 2007, 5:23 p.m.
Blizzard Post
So i've read alot on this DoT resilliance change and as always, everything in every thread just circulates.

Here's a little list of what you warlock shouldn't say today to avoid further embarassment:

1. "This is unfair, DoT's can't crit"
Wrong, DoT's crit 100% of the time, although they only get about 10% extra crit damage. As earlier stated by alot of people, crit damage is included in the DoT damage. This means you actually get around 20% (just made it up) crit for free while you still dont need to stack any crit. So on top of this you actually get alot more spelldamage aswell.
Lets not forget that it's balanced crits aswell.

2. "This is unfair, dispelling can mitigate our damage to 0% already"
Yes, if you play with a dispeller. Spell reflect, vanish, iceblock can mitigate my damage to 0% aswell, but my spells doesn't do thousands of damage over some time, they do 900 and have a 8 sec CD. Yours is reappliable, and dispelling costs both mana and GCD. My damage is eaten by a PoM or HoT by good LoS healers. (Then we have UA and Drain Life which ill leave out due to spec-based)

3. "If DoTs are affected all normal damage should be affected aswell."
Eh... Well.. I don't think i have to comment this, but that would simply take away the whole idea of actually making resilliance work against the already implemented crit calculations in the DoT.

If any of you more accepting warlocks want to contribute I'd be glad, i know there are some cool ones out there.

gl hf in the forums for the rest of the day.
#31 - July 12, 2007, 2:14 p.m.
Blizzard Post
It's not a mage's job to tell a warlock what he can and can't say, it's mine.

There's been enough flame baiting today.