Midsummer Event :(

#1 - June 22, 2011, 7:30 p.m.
Blizzard Post
I've been a customer for 6 years now and have now participated in 6 midsummer events (maybe 5 might not have been 1 the first year i forget)

That being said.. wheres the fun? I love the idea behind "holiday events" and love how it spices up the game.. Yet.

Theres nothing new AGAIN :( Its the same dailys same quests, and even the same rewards..
Theres once again zero to do.... heck even the food hasnt been updated since cata.

Even the rewards baggie is giving cata level "JP" points.

Why cant we get some updates to this holiday events like you used to do.. Now you just raise the item level on the loot that drops from the "holiday boss". UP the boss level and call it good :( No fun in that

thanks
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#11 - June 22, 2011, 7:43 p.m.
Blizzard Post
We update holiday events when we can. Midsummer has actually had at least one major overhaul in its history, with other tweaks and updates here and there.

Since Cataclysm changed pretty much all of the locations for towns, buildings, geography, etc. in Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor, that required re-placing, by hand, every banner, every fire, every decoration on every building, every quest giver, everything.

So yes it's essentially the same event with updated loot drops this year, but it was no small amount of work just to keep it the same event.

As I said we update holiday events when we can, it's not a guarantee. BUT, Hallow's End will have a few new surprises in-store.
Forum Avatar
Community Manager
#17 - June 22, 2011, 7:50 p.m.
Blizzard Post
06/22/2011 12:47 PMPosted by Killercaitie
BUT, Hallow's End will have a few new surprises in-store.

Broom mounts we can keep forever?!?! :D?

(that already exists)