Worst warlock youve ever met?

#0 - Aug. 13, 2007, 1:35 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Kind of an OT thread i guess, but i really like to hear other peoples stories about this.
Now, normally warlocks seem to be one of the classes that dont attract all to many noobish morons (unlike for example, hunter).
Recently however, i meet a really crappy affliction warlock, while boosting some guildies thruough old hillsbrad with my tankadin. During the run, i noticed how the warlock allways had imp out, but at the same time drank waters in between runs. When i asked him why he didmt use dark pact, he replied
"Why have dark pact? Its a crap ability. I got improved life tap already".
I tried to explain several times that dark pact is essential to affliction builds, but he just replied
"I dont need dark pact. And if i respecc i have to take points out of shadow embrace, which i wont do".
The guy also apparently didmt have "unstable affliction", but instead had put a point in "ruin". He had however skipped "shadowburn" becauise it wasnt "necessary".
Might be a boring story and all, but the motives to this talent build/tactic, made my brain hurt.

Anyone got any similar stories?
#45 - Aug. 14, 2007, 9:54 a.m.
Blizzard Post
Pre-TBC I had a level 60 'lock with some Tier 2 pieces. I was grinding in Winterspring one day when I was suddenly and quickly dispatched by a warlock of the opposing faction.

I ran back to my corpse and ran away to get healed and buffed up then I went to find the one who had killed me. I found him attacking some yeti's and I decided to return the ganking favour.

Much to my surprise, even though I got the drop on him, he still killed me and the yeti!

We had one more encounter where we both faced each other emoting and fought it out 'duel style'; he won again.

I guess I just suck at world PvP, but he probably thought I was one of the worst warlocks he had ever met! :)